Traxxas S-MAXX carb hitting flywheel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiN360

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently got an older S-MAXX with a 3.3, from doing research I believe the model is 5109. I rebuilt the engine and put a new carb on it since everything was so grimy and dirty from sitting so long. Going over it and adjusting everything I noticed that at full throttle the carb hits the flywheel nut. I have tried to adjust the trim so it doesn't hit the flywheel, but then the carb is not fully open which even when it's hitting the flywheel it's not fully open. I posted some pictures below to show the issue. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks

idle.jpg

fully_open_hitting_fly.jpg

hitting_fly.jpg

linkage.jpg

Welcome to the site.

There should be a 3mm nut by the carb. Loosen that and turn the carb in desired direction.

The smaxx was a rwd tmaxx 2.5 chassis with a stadium truck body. Although the smaxx is discontinued the tmaxx parts work.

I adjusted the arm and that took care of it. @Weezel Thank You for the documentation. Thanks everyone for the help.