Traxxas Revo 3.3 Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys back again with yet another issue with my revo. Been going at it all day, the car was revving up without moving, i tightened down my slipper and replaced my clutch and now the car moves forward with throttle, but only for about 2 minutes then goes back to the same, revving without movement. I wait a little bit and it will move forward for a bit, then goes back to not moving. What could this be? Slipper is tight, new clutch, new tranny.

Could be a stretched clutch spring. Did you replace it when you replaced the clutch shoes? Also hit the inner surface of the clutch bell with some sand paper to rough it up.

ill try that.. i only have 800 wet sand paper, pretty sure it'll work. And yes i replaced the spring i bought a new 4146x clutch. I haven't cracked open the tranny yet, its brand new so that would blow if something stripped. Output shaft spins so thats why i'm not opening it up.

When it starts to slip, hold it to the ground and throttle it. See if the CB and spur gear are both spinning without driving the wheels. If they are, then make sure the output shaft on the trans is spinning. If it's not, check the slipper again. If the output spins then you need to check for a broken pin in a drive shaft next.

car still reving at idle. i spin the spur gear with motor off and the output shaft dosent move when slipper is tight. spins normal without nut on. Gears inside tranny are fine

i spin the spur gear with motor off and the output shaft dosent move when slipper is tight. spins normal without nut on. Gears inside tranny are fine

That doesn’t make sense… Remove the slipper (don’t loose the pin), or remove the nut and turn the slipper shaft by hand. What now happens when you turn the slipper shaft?
The transmission output shaft should turn when you turn the slipper shaft, if not you have a transmission problem.

Also FWIW – The 2 washers (Belleville washers) between the slipper nut and spur bearing need to be installed like this ( ) or the slipper adjustment will not stay where you put it.

sounds like the pin that holds the slipper assembly is snapped or missing or a long shot ,the input shaft has snapped where the gear screws on inside the tranny

I am doing everything right as you said,slipper is tight, washers are correct, made sure the clutch was fine, output shaft spins driveshafts when i turn it by hand. Car is still revving up at idle with no movement. Pins in the driveshafts are good. I remember overtightened the slipper nut on accident, I cannot think of anything else...

---------- Post added at 6:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:26 PM ----------

sounds like the pin that holds the slipper assembly is snapped or missing or a long shot ,the input shaft has snapped where the gear screws on inside the tranny

Yes there is no pin whatsoever i still have a pin from my the original 2.5 tranny. Where does this pin go?
Here is the slayer pro tranny http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/5907-Transmission-Exploded-View-Slayer-Pro-4X4

Last edited:

Yes there is no pin whatsoever i still have a pin from my the original 2.5 tranny. Where does this pin go?

I am doing everything right as you said,slipper is tight, washers are correct, made sure the clutch was fine, output shaft spins driveshafts when i turn it by hand. Car is still revving up at idle with no movement. Pins in the driveshafts are good. I remember overtightened the slipper nut on accident, I cannot think of anything else...

---------- Post added at 6:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:26 PM ----------

Here is the slayer pro tranny http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/5907-Transmission-Exploded-View-Slayer-Pro-4X4

If there is no pin on the rear slipper pad mount it will just free spin. It should go pin slipper backing plate then the rest of your slipper assembly. The 2.5 has no pin in the slipper assembly.

Last edited:
If there is no pin on the rear slipper pad mount it will just free spin. It should go pin slipper backing plate then the rest of your slipper assembly. The 2.5 has no pin in the slipper assembly.

Could you point out on the diagram the pin.

On the input shaft on the transmission there should be a hole in it. Put the pin it and slide the slipper against it so the grove line up with the pin.

Could you point out on the diagram the pin.

Here it is, the pin(5352X) goes into the back of the slipper plate.

slipperpin_zpsa9ddfcaf.jpg