Traxxas revo 3.3 does not idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emre563

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everybody,

My traxxas revo 3.3 engine stops immediately after releasing throttle. It does not idle even for a few seconds.it is 3 years old but has not consumed more than half gallon of fuel. When i start the engine if i push throttle on the radio it moves fast enough but when i release throttle it stops. Idle position of the needle is already set. Gap at the entrance of the carburator is set to 1mm. Hsn is set correctly. What can be the problem? Kindly need your help.

Thanks

you may be a bit rich on the lsn causing it to load up but you could also be rich on the hsn.what does it run like what are your running temps??

Running temps vary between 100 to 120 celcius. I tried to lean hsn and lsn but didn't work.

have you confirmed that the throttle linkages are setup correctly?
to set it up correctly ,engine off,take off the filter and pull on the brake and check the idle gap, 3.3s can vary a bit and you may find it might need a bit bigger gap

Yes i did as you said. I have replaced springs as well to ensure that idle gap does not vary during operation. Can carburator air leakage cause such a problem?

Could also be a bad cb bearing, busted clutch spring or hanging clutch shoe. At idle, these engines can be stopped by a brave guy with his thumb on the flywheel. They have very little inertia at low rpm's (idle). Any bit of drag by the clutch, bearing can cause a stall at idle speeds.

As can an improperly adjusted throttle/brake linkage.

I checked clucth bell and clucth shoes and discovered that cluch bell is hanging. Also the spring on the clutch shoes are missing. I ordered new spare parts and hopefully I can solve that annoying problem.

Back