traxxas nitro 4-tec 2.5 elec start problems :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooksy89

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone i have a problem with my 4-tec the glow plug will not glow and the elec start spins slow and kicks over the piston very slowly about 2-3 times then stops or just keeps kicking till battery run dead. i have tried 3 different glow plugs and cleaned it up a bit and still no go. so please any suggestions will help.

thanks

it might be the blue wire. they usually go bad. just use a glow igniter.

that might be the problem its fairly stripped will any replacement wire do?

you can find them (glow igniter) on ebay pretty cheap. I got one for 11 bucks after shipping.

Last edited:
Ounds like the blue wire is bad as stated above and also that your battery in your starter wand is bad, the one way bearing is bad or the starter motor is bad. If you can get you hands on another battery and replace the blue wire then you could determine mainly if anything else is the problem. When A buddy of mine picked up his traxxas the guy made sure to sell him extra blue wires to go with it...really cheap and it takes the fuss out of the glow ignitor. Me i would rather use pull start. But he was glad he did after a few tanks and roll overs boom he had to replace it. He also upgraded the battery in the wand because the one he got with it was junk. I wouldnt use any other type of wire although you could. But you would have to make sure that it has a high melting point its the right gauge and you can find the right connectors. Also in the right or wrong running conditions like wet track days or what not you might want to consider the dust boots as well. So unless you have all that laying around might be better to do as suggested in the previous posts or take a trip to you LHS and pick up some extra blue wires.

Grab a fresh battery for the wand and pick up a separate glow ignitor. If the ez start motor's spinning but not spinning the engine, clean the one way bearing. It's under the ez start system. Remove the 3 screws that hold the ez start to the engine and you'll see it. Remove it carefully and shoot it with motor spray. Don't lose the little shim that goes on the crank shaft before the owb.

thanks you

thanks for all you suggestions ill go get the blue wire and then get new battery and try that then ill try the other stuff :first_place:

Back