Traxxas Maxx - 1515-2200KV - 6s - Overheating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublejz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So I've been fighting with this build for like a year now. I swapped a castle 1515-2200KV in for the VXL system and as of now, I'm running 20/54. I keep stepping the pinion down and spur up but I'm still having heating issues. I'm running it on 6s and currently get like 10 minutes before it hits thermal protection and shuts down. This thing has all the power in the world but not that fast (I think stock was faster) due to the gearing.

My next thought was to toss on some fans but I shouldn't really need them. I'm at a loss as why its overheating unless its under geared now.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

you tried 1 way try the other go 23/54.i dont run 6 cells .max for me is 4 i gear to get the speed I'm after .

So I've been fighting with this build for like a year now. I swapped a castle 1515-2200KV in for the VXL system and as of now, I'm running 20/54. I keep stepping the pinion down and spur up but I'm still having heating issues. I'm running it on 6s and currently get like 10 minutes before it hits thermal protection and shuts down. This thing has all the power in the world but not that fast (I think stock was faster) due to the gearing.

My next thought was to toss on some fans but I shouldn't really need them. I'm at a loss as why its overheating unless its under geared now.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
U need to step one down that's it cause if u drop one and up the other kinda the same thing I think. Do the math kv, motor, volts then u can see where u want to be

Back