Traxxas Jato question!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I had a Traxxas Jato once I had to get rid of it because it would try to flip upside down. It was tRX 3.3 motor.

I was thinking about buying it but the problem is I don't want to go through what I went through the last time how do you keep a Traxxas Jato from flipping Upside Down constantly?

Do I need to convert it to a 2.5 jato?

Somebody help me because when it does a willy it honestly does it in a time that you're not ready for it to do it. So you want to tune the engine but it's too fast to even try.

I was reading something and it said it's better to converted to a 2.5 and I want to know if I could wear it to a 2.5 will it be like a regular stadium truck again?

Please know I don't own a Traxxas Jato I'm considering getting one but I'm trying to see how I can beat this problem? Thank you.

Aluminum front bulkhead, and even lead weights or sockets on the front to keep it down. A smaller motor would also do.

Traxxas makes a titanium chassis, unsure if that will help with weight down low.

Gearing it as low as possible with help too. Type of tires can play a role in this also and I'm pretty sure they make a wheelie bar for it.

Gearing it as low as possible with help too. Type of tires can play a role in this also and I'm pretty sure they make a wheelie bar for it.
I think it cones with a cheap plsstic stick on wheels. If he could make a drag car wheelie bar work it would be great, but the flips may destroy it.