Traxxas jato gearing question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelG9999

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, so I was driving my jato and the spur gear stripped. I then ordered a 56 tooth spur gear, the traxxas brand. Will this gear work with the 22 tooth pinion gear?

well i think so, my reason? cause i run a 58 tooth spur. get some receipt paper from wall mart, it should be .002 thick, get printer paper .004. set the gear back lash so the thin paper goes throu the gears with some wrinkling. the thicker paper should wrinkle a lot. the gears should run free. dont over tighten the motor mount screws, just tight enough. mybe the smarter dudes can be of help.

also when you put the new slipper on make sure it isn't to tight. because that would be bad, if its to loose you can always tighten it.

Are you supposed to get a new slipper every time you replace the spur?

Only if it's worn out. As long as it isn't burnt up, coming apart or the pads are getting thin, you should be alright. It's a good idea to lightly sand the contact areas of the slipper clutch, clutch bell and pads while it's apart. Use fine grit sandpaper, and clean everything with nitro cleaner.

Back