Traxxas Ford GT 4-TEC 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theibault

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I finally got to run this car. I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. If you guys have any, please post some pics or add to this thread. Here's my unboxing and first run with it.

hello new here at RC Talk i also finnaly got a 4 tec it is a blast to rip around parking lots had mine up to 67mph when i caught a little air under front of car and flipped it over but landed on wheels before going in ditch

i bought mine as the vxl brushless lovin it

i just ordered alot of stuff for it but plan to swap Velineon for hobbywing

just ordered:
Contact foam tires 26mm front 30mm rear
HR speed run gear cover
48t steel spur
35t and 40t pinion
GPM front and rear stabilizers
traxxas sway bar kit

i really am hoping to hit +100 mph.

It's almost uncontrollable stock on 3s so unless you run straight it just sounds like a lot to go through. That's just my opinion though:
looks like your in for a blast.

won't do it with stock body. just gits airborne around 70

i was thinking on using a protoform touring car 200mm P-37N from ProLine

You can cut it low in the front and keep the air out from under car.

I ordered the protoform ford gt body should be here any day but still need to find some foam tires my stock tires ballooned really bad with 48t spur and 41t pinion

I got some contact foam tire/wheels in mail but they do not fit offset not right does anyone sell just the foam tire so I can mount to a stock traxxas wheel?

that body sucks just my opinion i cut it in half an threw it out the door JUNK
i take that back bought another body (same one) and this one turned out better maybe other one was warped idk

got my Contact Racing foam tires put on finally couldn't get them to fit at first cause the offset was not correct and was rubbing on my GPM stabilizers. after some research and trial an error from my boneyard in basement i found that the traxxas slash 2wd have 8mm wheel hubs and that was just enough to get the clearance i needed

I thought you were kind of harsh on the body review. I haven't had any trouble with mine

Back