Traxxas EZ-Start System Fitment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Peeps,

i was wondering if the Traxxas EZ-Start System would fit any other engines? i would like to have one installed on my Thunder Tiger eb4 s2 pro .21

if anyone has one fitted to there car, could i be a PITA and ask you to measure the mount holes for me :D i would really appreciate it :)

You may find that most of us will ditch the EZ start system in favor of a pullstart/rotostart as they are severly lighter than the EZ start and will cut a ton of weight off your vehicles. Lighter = faster!! As far as your ? I dont recall anyone talking about fitting it onto a BB motor but suppose anything is possible. Good luck!!

ok thanks bud.

didnt think of the weight aspect, just ease of starting....i have 6ch radio gear now so a flick of a switch and it would turn over.....me being lazy i guess lol.

check out a system from sullivan. it does the same thing as EZ_start, but weight is a lot less. called a tiger drive. and some electric motors to go withe the tiger drive. i dont have one, but would like to get one............www.sullivanproducts.com

The ez start bolts right to the dynamite .19 and also the picco .26 max. I have one on both of these engines along with my trx 2.5R as well. Same pull start will work on all 3 also. And if I'm not mistake it will bolt up to the OS .18 cvr as well.

The ez start bolts right to the dynamite .19 and also the picco .26 max. I have one on both of these engines along with my trx 2.5R as well. Same pull start will work on all 3 also. And if I'm not mistake it will bolt up to the OS .18 cvr as well.

thats interesting...

the pull start on my .21 came off a .12 so I'm guessing alot of these engines have interchangeable pull starts.

i might buy a 2nd hand pull start or rotostart from a traxxas the ez start fits and see if it fits mine....thats probs the easire way to tell.

Last edited:
Back