Traxxas E Revo Brushless random issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexrenken12

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all! New here. I recently got a Revo Brushless Edition in trade for a Slash 2wd. Got myself into a pickle!

Here is what lead to the issue. First I drove it when I got it and it all worked fantastic aside from the 1/5 scale wheels haha made it a bit hot.

After that I decided to take it apart and thoroughly clean it because it was a total mess. Before taking it apart, I updated it through Traxxas Link. 2 updates were installed. After that, I tore it apart. Now it is having all sorts of weird issues and I cannot figure it out.

Here is a step by step of what happens:
1. Turn on transmitter then ESC.
2. All lights are green and armed sounds come on.
3. Hit the wheel and servos sound extremely weak and wont turn much at all.
4. Hit the throttle and the motor moves forward and reverse.
5. Hit full throttle for about 5 seconds then the motor and fans start sounding almost like the battery is dying (fully charged brand new batteries 2s lipo x2=4s)
6. Motor then totally stops as well as fans (almost like the batteries died)
7. After a few seconds it seems to "come back alive" and the motor will SOMETIMES work again.
8. After all this, I notice the receiver light is now flashing red instead of illuminating green like it's suppose to.
9. I turn the ESC off and back on and it starts back at step one again and does it all over again.
It's a really weird thing. All this happened after I updated it and cleaned it. Nothing got wet, no wires were messed with.

Anyone know what may be causing this? It has the MXL-6s ESC, Castle 2200kv motor, Traxxas TQi transmitter and Receiver is TQi with TSM. Batteries are 2 2s lipos creating 4s and are balanced and charged. All worked prior to update and cleaning. No wires got wet or damaged.

Hey all! New here. I recently got a Revo Brushless Edition in trade for a Slash 2wd. Got myself into a pickle!

Here is what lead to the issue. First I drove it when I got it and it all worked fantastic aside from the 1/5 scale wheels haha made it a bit hot.

After that I decided to take it apart and thoroughly clean it because it was a total mess. Before taking it apart, I updated it through Traxxas Link. 2 updates were installed. After that, I tore it apart. Now it is having all sorts of weird issues and I cannot figure it out.

5. Hit full throttle for about 5 seconds then the motor and fans start sounding almost like the battery is dying (fully charged brand new batteries 2s lipo x2=4s)
7. After a few seconds it seems to "come back alive" and the motor will SOMETIMES work again.
8. After all this, I notice the receiver light is now flashing red instead of illuminating green like it's suppose to.
9. I turn the ESC off and back on and it starts back at step one again and does it all over again.
It's a really weird thing. All this happened after I updated it and cleaned it. Nothing got wet, no wires were messed with.

Anyone know what may be causing this? It has the MXL-6s ESC, Castle 2200kv motor, Traxxas TQi transmitter and Receiver is TQi with TSM. Batteries are 2 2s lipos creating 4s and are balanced and charged. All worked prior to update and cleaning. No wires got wet or damaged.
Welcome to RCT house of the RC addicted...

After the upgrade did you go back into the dashboard? Some times the updates erases all settings in the esc and the endpoints.. and messes everything up..Might have to rest all the end points. And the power levels to each. And rebind the controller and ESC..

If stoners suggestion doesn't fix the problem you may have damaged the motor overheating it with the 1/5 scale tires you said were on it.

Could have fried the VXL ESC running with those tires. Or the BEC was messed up during the update..

I personally don't do the updates. For this reason. The whole traxxas app has bugs. And that's really all the updates fix. Is one bug but then there another. Rite after that one. Plus they really don't do much in regards of proformance..IMO.. I have the app and the modular. I just use it for telemetry. Temps speed endpoints. Thats it

Could have fried the VXL ESC running with those tires. Or the BEC was messed up during the update..

I personally don't do the updates. For this reason. The whole traxxas app has bugs. And that's really all the updates fix. Is one bug but then there another. Rite after that one. Plus they really don't do much in regards of proformance..IMO.. I have the app and the modular. I just use it for telemetry. Temps speed endpoints. Thats it
Now that I think about it if its affecting the servo too then it can't be just the motor. If your earlier suggestion doesn't fix the issue then you may be right about the ESC

Had this same issue with mine when I took it apart to change the Axles what fixed it was I had tightened the hub to the control arms too tight and it made it really hard to turn causing the servo to overheat and go bad and it would overcharge the ESC try loosening the outside of the hub and if that doesn’t fix it try changing the steering servos

Back