Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody Catamaran Red Edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Traxxas-DCB-M41-RED-57046.jpg

Just as boat season starts to ramp up, Traxxas has just announced a new look to their very popular Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody Catamara – a Red edition!

The Traxxas DCB M41 Widebody Catamara gets it’s looks from the full sized M41 designed and built by Daves Custom Boats. The Traxxas DCB M41 features dual parallel hulls that gives the catamaran a wider stance and increased stability and less hydrodynamic resistance.

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Wow. I'm curious to see how these turn out. I bought a barbwire 2.5 years ago and only used it once. The waves were too big around my uncles dock. A bigger boat would come in handy.

I love RC boats... I just don't like going after them when they flip however. :)

I love RC boats... I just don't like going after them when they flip however. :)
I too would love to have a boat. There is a park just a mile or so away from me with a large lake that would be perfect for this.

Unfortuantly, I swim like a rock and my luck I'd flip it over and just watch it float away or sink while I stand on the side. :(

I too would love to have a boat. There is a park just a mile or so away from me with a large lake that would be perfect for this.

Unfortuantly, I swim like a rock and my luck I'd flip it over and just watch it float away or sink while I stand on the side. :(

I have seen guys use a canoe or rod and reel with a large (2 oz.) lead weight at the end used to retrieve their boats after a a flip.

I love my m41. Built a trailer for it andn repainted it to go with my UDR scheme.

This is my M41 and UDR done up my way on home made trailer with working lights.

IMG_20180504_204723.jpg

Good looking boat and trailer @M41boater. Do you have any pictures of the trailer build by chance?

You guys are all crazy, living so close to the water and not trying this. My recovery methods include ; a fishing pole with a tennis ball, a 1 man inflatable boat with oars, and a Blast boat I can tie the fishing line to, drive out and do a few laps around the dead boat, then reel them both in. I usually practice where there is a big fountain in the middle, so my boat will drift back on its own. And it can't sink. Mine was upside down for an hour and the lights never even went out.
Just be prepared to have to upgrade the cooling system, and it does not come with batteries or charger. (There might be a $600 ultimate package that has 2 batteries and a charger though) Make no mistake, this boat is fun. Powered by two 7.4Vs or two 11.1s. Check out the video on the Traxxas site. Great watch.