Traxxas 4 tec 2.5 ez start problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stranwkrn

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi everyone... i am having some problems with my new traxxas 4 tec 2.5 when i use th ez start the starter goes and the engine is turning over but it does not start... dont know much abot rc cars so please help me out... pm me or email me at [email protected].... Thanks!

You might want to check if the glow plug wire has been damaged. The easy way to do this is to pull the plug out of the head and reattach the easy start wire to it. touch the glow plug to the head and attach the easy start wand. after a few seconds the end of the plug that is normally should glow. If it doesn't, try a new plug. if that doesn't work try replacing the wire. Dynamite makes a replacement that is heavier gauge and is easier to reinstall. The other thing you might want to try is just buying an external igniter.

Can you turn the flywheel (in normal direction) without the EZ start gears turning? I had a OWB (one way bearing) seize on my brand new engine before... LMK

Back