Traxxas 3.3 engine review.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well guys I got my new 3.3 on Wednesday and I have to say I was impressed. The box came with a pre oiled air filter, filter housing and 2 different tubes, spare filter, and air filter oil. It also had the traxxas dvd. Needless to say I was impressed, I wasn't expecting all that stuff.

Now for the engine. This thing was tight! It was almost a pain to get started for the first time because it kept getting stuck at tdc. I loosened the plug and got it to turn over. The needle settings were pretty close, the idle was set too low but besides that the hsn and the lsn were spot on for break-in. I broke it in the traxxas way, 6 tanks and follow the directions for each step of the process.

During the second tank I noticed that the temps were getting a bit on the high side so I richened the hsn and the temp went were it was supposed to, same thing happened on tank 5. Tanks 2-5 were done on pavement taking my time and not getting trigger happy (which was hard by the way). Tank 6 was track time!

I brought it down to the track and started having fun, didn't open it up yet but this thing was really starting to rip! It had great bottom end but I hadn't tried the top end yet until near the end of the tank and I must say its impressive, definitely way more all around power then the 2.5r! All kinds of top end and the bottom end is very hard to control. Tank 7 was cut short because of a low rx pack, so I didn't get the full effect of the last tank but it was getting fun.

Thursday I decided to run a tank in my back yard, and I must say that I was impressed! I could not keep the front end on the ground, any quick throttle and it was way up there, even shifting into 2nd gear the front would start to rise.

So far I'm really liking this engine and I can't wait to get some more fuel through it. Once I get it good and broken in I'll have a video to put up. If I have any other things to say about it I'll post those as well.

If you have any questions about it don't hesitate to ask!

Its in my revo. I'v put some more fuel through it and It keeps getting more power.

I just got a Jato to go with my Revo and I am thinking about doing the exchange program and put the 3.3 in the Jato.

Dont know what I am thinking it already is a blast w/ the 2.5