Traxxas .15 back plate and piston ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antndrew78

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
On the these .15 is there alway a backplate gasket because I took this one off and there was no gasket on the engine also after reading traxxas manual I forgot to mark what side the piston was facing in the sleeve the piston shaft has a grove in it does it face the crank or back plate I hope there is a standard direction traxxas builds these any help would be great thanks

On the these .15 is there alway a backplate gasket because I took this one off and there was no gasket on the engine also after reading traxxas manual I forgot to mark what side the piston was facing in the sleeve the piston shaft has a grove in it does it face the crank or back plate I hope there is a standard direction traxxas builds these any help would be great thanks

Look on the rod ,you will see a little tiny hole at the bottom were the bearing is ,that always goes towards the
front of the engine!

Copper RTV (sensor safe) makes a perfect gasket and is the recommended product for use when sealing nitro engines. It would work well for your backplate.

Back