tranny problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro dave

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys-
let me start by saying that I am still relatively new to R/C. I have a question about my T. I fired it up for the first time in months the other day(had to put it away during a move and job change). It is running great, but is stuck in first gear. When I first got it, it didn't shift, but a guy at my LHS set it up for me. I understand how to do it, but it doesn't seem to be working. How do you know if you are actually turning the screw, is it just a feel thing? How many turns would I have to make to lower the shift point?

I also wonder if maybe the hex screw is stripped, is there anyway of telling, and how difficult a job is it to take the tranny apart to see? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ND

Have you tried leaning your High Speed needle a hair?

yeah I thought of that, I don't think I was runnning too rich, but I will check that out.

Check that you arm in the the first to second gear clutch to see if its sticking,this can happen if the maxx has been sat up a while.Clean it up but dont lube it as it will attract crud and bind the arm up again.Check your adjustment hex nut as well to see if its still good and the arm is free.

Thanks maxximus, i'll give it a look see

nd

I take it leaning out the high end didnt work?????????

Sometimes you might want to lean the Low as well.

Only go 1/8th of a turn at a time and do a couple of figure 8's with 1 or 2 wide open straights to let the settings take effect.

i actually haven't had a chance to run it yet, I will tomorrow, and report back to here what I find. Thanks for the help

nd

Back