Track/Competition Set-Up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damien83

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm just getting into NPRC. Been doing a lot of research and all. I finally broke down and bought a Losi 22s Camaro few days ago. Going to be doing a few upgrades once it arrives today.

One thing I haven't come across is people's set-up at a competition. The set-up I'm referring to is what do they bring religiously to competitions as far as parts, tools, etc. Buddy and I went to a competition over the weekend and we saw guys with huge Snap-On stackable tool boxes. We saw others with I-Pads hooked up to their cars, which I assume is for downloading their previous run to tune and program for next race.

So just curious if anyone can post/show or share their competition set-ups?

I don't have a Losi 22 platform. For the drag strip at my local track which is called Strip 66" since it is 66ft long and on carpet. Its not actually a full RC Drag strip since for 1/10 it is 132 feet and I think for 1/16 it is around 86 feet. My local track uses a Ipad too, They use the traxxas link app and have a traxxas timing light system too. As far as tools, I'm not sure what drag racers use but it probably is similar. I use Arrowmax and Dynamite hex drivers and nut drivers, I use intgey shock pliers, I use Hobbywing ESCs so I use their LCD card to go into ESC settings, i use various turnbuckle wrenches. I use a Protek Ride height gauge and Losi camber gauge. I also use a Black and Decker electric screw driver along with MIP 1/4 to hex bits for that. Also there are various other tools I got like pliers, vice grips, soldering iron/station. Shock and diff oils will be needed for drag racing so you can find the right oil for your liking and conditions. For transporting stuff to the track I use backpacks, and my integy car hauler which I just haul all my batteries,charger, parts, tools ect in.

I don't have a Losi 22 platform. For the drag strip at my local track which is called Strip 66" since it is 66ft long and on carpet. Its not actually a full RC Drag strip since for 1/10 it is 132 feet and I think for 1/16 it is around 86 feet. My local track uses a Ipad too, They use the traxxas link app and have a traxxas timing light system too. As far as tools, I'm not sure what drag racers use but it probably is similar. I use Arrowmax and Dynamite hex drivers and nut drivers, I use intgey shock pliers, I use Hobbywing ESCs so I use their LCD card to go into ESC settings, i use various turnbuckle wrenches. I use a Protek Ride height gauge and Losi camber gauge. I also use a Black and Decker electric screw driver along with MIP 1/4 to hex bits for that. Also there are various other tools I got like pliers, vice grips, soldering iron/station. Shock and diff oils will be needed for drag racing so you can find the right oil for your liking and conditions. For transporting stuff to the track I use backpacks, and my integy car hauler which I just haul all my batteries,charger, parts, tools ect in.

Appreciate the reply. With all the info out there, I have not come across anything as far as what racers bring to the track.

I bring most of my tools, spare parts, tires, hardware, etc. You always wind up needing it.

Back