Touring car Racing - thicker hex nuts to have wider axle... thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmow20

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys,

I'm doing some racing of Touring Cars and mini touring cars (M-chassis size AWD). I've picked up some aluminium hex nuts with 1mm and also 2mm extra width. Anyone tried this? I imagine the cornering is improved but not sure how it will affect the steering, especially given that I'm running a spool and not a diff on the front.

Anyone got any experience with this? TIA.

You have to stay within allowed widths. there are rules.offset on rims give the same .

Hey guys,

I'm doing some racing of Touring Cars and mini touring cars (M-chassis size AWD). I've picked up some aluminium hex nuts with 1mm and also 2mm extra width. Anyone tried this? I imagine the cornering is improved but not sure how it will affect the steering, especially given that I'm running a spool and not a diff on the front.

Anyone got any experience with this? TIA.
having wider offset does change the steering characteristics, changing the offset affects the scrub radius which will affect the driving character while on power, off power, or under breaking. this has alot to do with how the C-hub design is set up, and angle of the C-hub, and top link location and links.
how extreme these changes will be? i can't say, sometimes it can affect it alot, sometimes you wont really notice it.
as long as it is still within the constraints of the class you are racing to use them (not going over width allowed), best thing you can do is test it and see if it suits your driving style or if it will make it harder for you to drive consistently.

having wider offset does change the steering characteristics, changing the offset affects the scrub radius which will affect the driving character while on power, off power, or under breaking. this has alot to do with how the C-hub design is set up, and angle of the C-hub, and top link location and links.
how extreme these changes will be? i can't say, sometimes it can affect it alot, sometimes you wont really notice it.
as long as it is still within the constraints of the class you are racing to use them (not going over width allowed), best thing you can do is test it and see if it suits your driving style or if it will make it harder for you to drive consistently.
Smart thinking, I've been trying it out and you are right. The on power and off power steering characteristics have a greater difference between them.

Back