Tough Tool Sets?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am about finished with my harbor freight jeweler screwdriver/allen set as I am stripping the phillips and rounding all of my allens & ruining parts on my RC rigs. As far as what I'm lookin for, a decently cheap but tough allen/phillips set? The L shaped allens are a joke when it comes to taking off 30+ beadlock screws or any sort of part on an RC lol:hehe:. Any input would be very apreciated indeed.

Thanks

-Loring

(PS- I read back in another thread I started about something called "Imperial Allen Sets/sizes", what is this and do I need one?)

No they don't.

I like the tools from EDS tools I have been using them for 3 years without one single problem.

Dont shop at harbor fake almost everything i got there has broken, sure there prices are great but the quality isnt ide recomend dynamite hex drivers 5pc set they have lasted me a long time with no wear to the heads and for regular screw drivers i use a Mac Tools set.

I bought a little kit at home depot, its brand name general, it doesn't work to bad but i dont think the bits are very hard. The bits store in the handle that spins in your hand. I used them to replace my bulkhead and skid plate with not much problem. I'm thinkin dynamite is the way to go. 15$ for each set and they are quality. My problem is do I spend 15 on a scredriver set or 15 on beer and cigaretes? One of these days ill have a whole set of dynamite tools if I get rid of my other more important priorities.

Roadkill

Dynamite makes good tools, or you can pony up some more money for some Bondhus or Wiha tools.

I have some Wiha wrenches my dad bought me for Christmas a couple years ago and I was amazed how precision they are. Really great drivers however, the handles are a tad small for heavy toque.

get the EXI tools from nitrorcx they are great same exact thing no diffrenece with other ones i use it on all my cars and they never strip