torn between a savage xl or mgt 8.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitromanRI

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The only bad thing i have heard is about that k5.9...Thats a pretty big thing for me... it could sway me to the mgt... can anyone back this up or is it BS? i was just about to pull the trigger on the XL until i read that.

The 5.9 can be a little difficult but the newer ones seem to be pretty decent. I have close to 6 gallons on my 5.9 and it has been a great mill. If you take the time to seal it up and also run 30% fuel in it then you should be fine. I love my XL and have beat the crap out of it without breaking a single thing on it.

I own both trucks and the xl is faster and is easier to work on. If you have to remove a different ial on the xl, you don't even have to remove the shocks or skidplate. The mgt is also a great truck but the 8.0 can be tough to tune and does not come with a tuned pipe. The xl also has way more engine options compared to the 8.0. I will say the electronics are a little bit better in the 8.0 which is not a hard upgrade. I'd go for the xl over the mgt 8.0

ok awsome the savage it is.. maybe down the road i could throw a lrp .32 ... I've seen only good things about those motors.. can i have a faq on howto seal up the motor? thanks!

Awsome thank you very much.. I hope it gets here by Thursday. Thanks!

The mgt is also known for weak diffs. You should never have a problem with the XL diffs.

Back