Top 10 Xbox games...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok gentlemen, the decision has been made. I am getting my kids an Xbox for Christmas. But let's not be fooled. Because it's staying in my house, I'm playin it!!! Heck, even stayed true to my RCNT boys and bought it at GameStop. Anyway, I'm wondering for all you gamers what your 10 favorite games are. The console is coming with Tetris Worlds, Brute Force, and Star Wars. I also bought HALO and Project Gotham Racing 2 for myself and SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom for the kids. I think that it's a good start, but I'm wondering what else is really good for this platform. OH, and you PS2 guys can chime in on what games you like as long as they're available for Xbox.

And on a side note, I was telling my dad that I was getting the system and he said he has a PS1 that he found in a shopping cart that he'll give me. So I bought Gran Turismo 2 and Silent Hill for that to keep me entertained....

gta double pack,true crimes street of la..and simpsons hit and run

Candyman, everyone will tell you to get GTA and true crime, but you might want to hold out on that if you have young uns playing. Those games aren't exactly family friendly.

A game I played and enjoyed a lot was kung fu chaos. It is pretty funny. I also like the Tony Hawk Pro-Skater line.

If you are looking for a game just for you, Rainbow 6 three would be good...along with any of the tom clancy games.

well if he ia gonna play by himself with no kids saround then he can hide them till they go to sleep....and plus my lil bro plays them and he is 7. i think they are the best games out of that genre right now

just cause your 7 year old bro plays them, doesn't mean every 7 year old should, and doesn't mean Candy wants his kids playing em. If I had a 7 year, I wouldn't let them play those games

True Crimes and all the Grand Theft auto games are great but I agree 1000% that definitely are not for little kids. Depending on how old they are they probably have a friend with a copy anyway. My little nephews definitely don't get to play that crap in my house.

I honestly think that Halo is my all time favorite XBOX game. Now I love simpsons hit and run (when I actually have time to play it) but more often then not I prefer a kick ass PC game.

Peace

ok...wel when they blame all that damn poop on gta it aint true it stupid as poop..cause a video game can't teach u how to am or anythibng cause u can't just go from holdinga controller to pointing a gun..and i know shoot gun for compititions. and hunting

Originally posted by nitroking
ok...wel when they blame all that damn poop on gta it aint true it stupid as poop..cause a video game can't teach u how to am or anythibng cause u can't just go from holdinga controller to pointing a gun..and i know shoot gun for compititions. and hunting

WTF is this post about, and what does it have to do with Candymans wanting a list of games.

Not to derail this post any further, but you might want to consider putting down the controller and picking up a text book. Your communication and writing skills are poor at best. It makes it difficult for those of us who read to understand what you are talking about.

ok what the hell i am talkin about people sueing take two productions for producing the game cause of the violence and "how it teaches u how to shoot a gun and poop"

i type fast dumbass

so shut the fiddlesticks up peepee-head

ok what the hell i am talkin about people sueing take two productions for producing the game cause of the violence and "how it teaches u how to shoot a gun and poop"

i type fast dumbass

I will not respond to your intelligent banter, no matter how witty it is.

I will however apologize to Candyman for derailing his thread.

i type fast dumbass

Yes, not to intentionally deviate off subject any further.

I agree with you 100% (minus the shut the phuck up peepee-head remark..lol). I can't stand it when the wacko liberals are looking for another thing to blame the worlds problems on. People need to take responsibility for their actions. When need a greater understanding of the serious issues that can arise in the human brain and not a scape-goat outlet. But that has nothing to do wit this thread.

Candyman - I honestly can't think of any more really kick arse XBOX titles. That Project Gotham racing 2 is freaking awesome though.

Peace

Great. I make a simple thread and it's about to be moved to FFA. King, thanks for the wonderful insight. Now put a sock in it. This ain't supposed to be a morality thread. I just want some kick ass games to play when I'm bored. Yeah, I'm aware enough as a parent that my kids (7 and 4) will not be playing GTA or Streets of LA. So if anyone feels the urge to chime in about the "toxic" effects of video games, put the mouse down and slowly back away.
Now, I find that I have maybe 3 good replies so far. Where are the rest of my faithful gamers to give me some tips....

And Dave, don't worry about the derail. Wasn't your fault. Thanks...

Candyman - I greatly appreciate that fact you buying the X-Box using the GameStop banner, however sadly RCNT doesn't get a single dime on consoles sold. Games and accessories are the only thing that RCNT gets commission on. :(

Again thanks for the thought!

-Michael

No sweat WoodiE. I not only bought the console, but 3 extra games, too. So that should give you a little back. And I'll probably continue to shop them for games especially because they'll deal in used titles which makes it easier on my pocket..

Candy man, I've owned my xbox since it first came out. My brother prepurchased it almost a year before it came out and we were one of the fools liningup outside Electronics Boutique at midnight. Never regretted getting the system and I don't think you will either, especially now that a lot more games are out.

GTA and True crime are great. I have bought Project Gotham Racing 2 and Medal of Honor, Rising Sun. Medal of Honor is great. Love shooting up the enemy and also fullfiling missions. PGR2 is also good, challenging. You'll be pulling out your teeth trying to beat the computer. The original PGR is great too. HALO is also great. It had me and the wife playing for at least 6 hrs straight some nights. HALO 2 is coming out next year but who knows when the release date will be finalized. There's also Max Payne and Max Payne 2. If Max Payne 2 is anything like the first, you'll love it.

SO, my suggestion for the games to buy, in addition to GTA and True Crime is ... Medal of Honor, Rising sun; Project Gotham Racing & Project Gotham Racing 2; HALO; Max Payne & Max Payne 2.

Candyman - Also wanted to say that the Tony Hawk games kick ass on Xbox......would definitely be better for the youngins too.

Peace

I got the X-box about a year after it came out and had to buy Halo and the original Project Gotham Racing with it at purchase time.

Since then, I had picked up another Tom Clancy title that hasn't been mentioned but kicks ass: Splinter Cell. I'm not sure if the other Clancy titles place an emphasis on stealth but this one does.

I've seen the ads for Rainbow Six 3 and Rogue Ops. Those look pretty cool too but that's just the advertisements talking.

Bl@st off

Well now that just all depends on personal opinion but, my favorite 10 ten for the Xbox

1.Halo, if you have never played this game you have to.
2.Star Wars Knights of the Republic.
3.True Crime Streets of L.A.
4. Project Gotham 2 (ooh it's all that espically with a steering wheel)
5.Moto GP 2 Online
6.GTA double pack
7.NBA Street Volume 2
8.Sega GT 2002 (Online for $20 add on in Jan)
9. Soul Caliber 2
10.Tiger Woods 2004

Crimson Skies
NFL Fever
EA Sports Hockey
ESPN Hockey
Madden
Halo
Tony Hawks Underground
Mortal Kombat

Those are my favorites