Tools for getting started in RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RC Car Action Top 10 Tools

As a club racer, I try to find ways to be efficient with the tools in my collection and ways to tote my gear from home to the track with the least hassle and ease of use.

The single most important tool in my collection is the Metabo HPT DB3DL2 3.6V Cordless Screwdriver (formerly Hitachi) with a lifetime warranty and soft clutch that won't strip diffs. More info on the Metabo here: Which Cordless Screwdriver is best?

If you will be wrenching on 1/8 cars, many of the modern brands are using a very dense fiber reinforced plastic on the bulkheads where the 4V drills are not going to be powerful enough. I've had really good luck with the 18V RDIGID Drill with the clutch set to #5 for HB and TEKNO bulkheads. You'll need to experiment with clutch settings for other brands.

My favorite brand of bits are EDS Power Tool Tips which use spring steel and they tend to last a couple years before they need to be replaced.

One of my favorite items is the Bucket Boss Tool Roll

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683.
43950328992_5093aa4f5f_b.jpg

Here is my current inventory of tools:
I know this is old. But this guy is my hero. Just the thing for a guy like me 😀👍