Tool for nitro on road and off road

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSampson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What are some of the tools that I need for a nitro rc on road and nitro off road please include screw drivers hex set and brands.

If possible could you please put a detailed list with all the type of tools to get thanks

:third_place: to :second_place: to :first_place: :)

I think most rigs use 2, 2.5, and 3 mm hexes also some may use phillips screws. You will also probably need a small flat blade to adjust HSN and LSN. needle nose always are handy for grabbing small things in hard to reach places. Also a 5/16 or 8mm nut driver is needed for glow plugs.

For further tool lists, consult your owners manual and check for hardware sizes and types.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ev-BtPMM8"]Samsonite - Dumb and Dumber - YouTube[/ame]

I would try some forum searching for tools, TONS of helpful posts unlike this one ^^

good glow plug tool. buy 1.craftsman 1/4 extension, no 43393 2. craftsman long 8 mm socket 34622. 3. harbor freight rare earth magnets no.67488. put socket on the extension, put 4 magnets in the socket. now you have magnets to hold the glow plug in. see it was easy.

a piece of fuel line in the socket will do the same as the magnets ...the tip of the plug will go in the fuel line hole and hold there ....and you wont have unwanted stuff sticking to your socket ;)

Your gonna want a good clutch tool, a adjustable battery terminal puller (great for pulling of the flywheel), Eventually you'll want a set of nice hex wrenches (I recommend Team EDS wrenches), Needle nose one set with teeth and one with out, temp gun, RPM toe gauge, RPM camber gauge, Wheel balancer, for onroad Id eventually get a Hudy set up station,Cow RC pit mat, Cowrc moo-tor cleaner, Dremel w/ attachments, 7 and 8mm deepwell sockets. I'm sure I could go on but I think that will give yeah a good start. :)