Took The Plunge!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92 Teg-B18A

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I finally decided it was time to pick up the JR XS3 today! WOOT! :w00t:
Can't wait to get it installed :D

How have you guys found it to use for programing it?

why didnt you just buy a ticket to the lottery RCNT is sponsoring....Could get one for just $7.50 a ticket....

hmm, didn't know about that. With my luck I wouldn't win anywho.
Just in the process of cleaning the car! It's goin' in soon! :D

Well you should get some feedback real quick on the programming of it. A couple people here run them. Unfortunately I dont have one, yet hehehehe

Great choice on the new radio setup!!! CONGRATS!

Great choice...you will love it.

on a side note, I think that this is proof that we need to promote the lottery more. I don't know if everyone knows what a kickass thing it is.

i have the jr xs3 now too. I had some trouble with mine. Some chip went out the first 10 minutes it was on. It was fixed for free and in a hurry by Horizon. When I got it back, the tech had forgotten to soder the steering control back to the board. I did that for them and it's working great now. I think my situation is more an an exception to the rule. The chip that goes out sounds like it happens a bit. I wanted you to be aware in case it refuses to power up within the first 20min of using it.

Good radio. I don't know jack about the settings yet. I installed it yesterday morning and I haven't have a chance to check it out.

Good Luck,
Rob

Thanks for the replies guys :)

What did you guys use to put the receiver on the car? My old receiver was stuck on by 2 small peices of thin foamy tape. Is there a special tape I should use for cushioning against vibrations?

I use 3m double-sided tape. You can get it at Kmart or any kind of department or auto parts store.

Use 2 pieces back to back when you mount it. Helps absorb the shock. Receiver arent the cheapest thing....

sweet, is the 3m doublesided tape kinda foamy?

I always use this stuff for my receivers. Works GREAT.
bolc3001.jpg

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX9056&P=7