today's shopping list

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple pics so far:

can't see it but also added a Mccoy MC8 glow plug too

savage2_zpse28b94d7.jpg

savage1_zps2b179c1b.jpg

what is next???

center skid plate
upgraded brake
new heat sink cylinder head

who knows.

even with the wheelie bar still flips over on take off lol! rolling wheelies are fun tho! just need to feather the throttle to carry the wheelie a long ways. With the Trencher tires and they are bigger than the stock ones. I thought might not wheelie as much NOPE! lol

The wheelie bar is adjustable, can get bigger wheels, but even still, it will land on it's roof if your trigger happy.

To me, the wheelie bar is a requirement. Without it, the back of your body catches grass and folds/tears it apart in very short order.

You probably could have saved some coin and gotten flux plastic bodies shocks vs the alloy's, that's what I did on my X. They do look sweet though!

Agreed 100% on the wheelie bar.

OP's truck is a 2013 X so it came with plasitic big bores from the factory.

I also replaced my plastic big bores with aluminum ones on my 2011 X. The only real differences are the tini shafts and hard ano bodies and both sets of shocks come with the same pink springs other then that performance is the same with both shocks. one thing to look out for tho is the lower shock caps, they're known to leak and the ones I had leaked a lot which is why I ended up selling them. Still awesome upgrade imo and a hell of a lot better looking the the plastic se up.

Truck looks great buddy!!!

Mine was an older X that came with the standard 8 shock setup.

I put on the flux shocks and got stiffer long springs to replace the soft long springs. I kept the two springs setup though and I think I'm running 40 weight. Seems to do really well.

Yea man the stock springs are pretty mushy lol I filled my aluminum big bores with 50wt oil, the shocks were nice and smooth but the pink springs were too soft and not really ideal for a heavier weight oil.

thnx guyz!!will tear up this body before I get another and paint it up. Still tryin' hard to find a Jeep Grand Cherokee body 1999 > 2004 to match my actual ride, But who knows what I'll come up with if I don't find the GC.
My other ride is a 328xi that just won't look right! lol
I really like these shocks, I notice a BIG difference when making a hard turn @ss end does not sag as easy as the OG plastic shock. maybe a lighter oil came in them? I added Losi 30wt oil in these.
Also these tires don't balloon up as easy and it seems to ride alot better too.
do you guys notice when you change out the steering linkage and steering servo saver if you got rid of the slop in the steering??

There's hella slop in the stock sterring set up... What I did was I replaced the turnbuckles/tie rods, since ur truck is a 2013 u actually have the updated tie rods which still suck lol. Anyways I swaped mines out for a set from Lunsford Racing, their titainum turnbuckles with plastic rod ends and titainum ball studs unlike the stock set up which uses a screw to secure the rod ends to the knuckles and bell cank that's were alot of the slop comes from, the Lunsford rod ends snap on to the ball studs and have ZERO slop in them. I also shimmed my bell crank to eliminated alot of the steering slop.

Last edited:
There's hella slop in the stock sterring set up... What I did was I re

you what????? leave us hangin' .....................................:D

( all honesty hope you are okay and something did not happen to you in mid typing )

---------- Post added at 2:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:30 PM ----------

you what????? leave us hangin' .....................................:D

( all honesty hope you are okay and something did not happen to you in mid typing )

there is the rest! lol

---------- Post added at 2:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:31 PM ----------

There's hella slop in the stock sterring set up... What I did was I replaced the turnbuckles/tie rods, since ur truck is a 2013 u actually have the updated tie rods which still suck lol. Anyways I swaped mines out for a set from Lunsford Racing, their titainum turnbuckles with plastic rod ends and titainum ball studs unlike the stock set up which uses a screw to secure the rod ends to the knuckles and bell cank that's were alot of the slop comes from, the Lunsford rod ends snap on to the ball studs and have ZERO slop in them. I also shimmed my bell crank to eliminated alot of the steering slop.

cheers and thnx for the info!
hmmmmm wonder what is next to buy :D ?

Hahaha yea I accidentally hit the post reply button durind mid txt lol

Of course bro no problem, were all here to lean and bounch ideas of each other.

U have a pretty solid truck man with great parts. U might wanna look into some aluminum cluch shoes once the plastic ones wear out and better servos. The stock servos don't really last for too long before they decide to poop out on u, not nessecary at the moment but just a thought for later on down the road.

BIRDMAN, I can't help but notice your trenchers are narrower than the ones I picked up, mine are 105mm.....and yours are 40 series-3.8"?....

40 series Trenchers ARE narrower then Trencher X 3.8's hence the "X" in the name. Two different tires with two different beads...

I must have one can it be mounted to a picco/boost .28, or a nova .28

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Blue or red anodized for me please, carve my name in it, on the other side a hand giving the middle finger

Well,to get one of those you first have to get one of these
0e8z.jpg

Then for send it to me and for $25(includes return shipping) I'll modify it and send it back. These were originally sold as American CNC Machining(ACNCM) Enormous cooling heads. Some are still available on eBay but the company is long gone.

I must have one can it be mounted to a picco/boost .28, or a nova .28

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Blue or red anodized for me please, carve my name in it, on the other side a hand giving the middle finger

What it fits depends on which one buy. Most have the combustion chamber machined in the bottom but I mod it to fit other engines with the separate buttons.

I could engrave something on the top flat area for a small extra charge. I will not do the middle finger,sorry. Also,I cannot do any anodizing or coatings on these.

Back