today's shopping list

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIRDMAN

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
here's hoping that my local shop has all in stock :)

HPI86138 Tuned Pipe :D
HPIA720 Big Bore Alum. shock set :D
HPI308 battery level indicator
Motor Saver Air Filter Kit SAV1100 :D
and a few extra R4 plugs

Cool man! That pipe is a stup above the crappy HPI anyways, nice pick up!

installed!
pipe looks great, shocks look better than stock!
1st fire up. pipe sound WILD!!!!
with more air coming in with the motor saver air filter kit, and more air coming out can tell the difference for sure. Very little tuning adjustment was needed but to be expected. I just LOVE the sound of the pipe. Had to do some bending for the small rod to stabilize the pipe but to be expected.
VERY impressed with this pipe & intake air filter.
will put the shocks to the test on some jumps in the next day or so, installed 30WT oil in them
hmmm what next??? Other than these mods truck is completely stock. Buddy's speed gun got the truck hitting 42MPH. I'm happy with that and that is with stock tires.
next update I think will be some aluminum front & rear bumpers. How many of you actually have a wheelie bar installed. I think they look silly but....... might stop the a$$ under flip overs lol

cheers

Last edited:
U should definetly look in to some better wheels and tires, stock warlock/gt2 combo suck donkey balls lol.

Wheelie bars are great especially for the shorter X chassis, if u buy one just go for the hpi one.

Ummm upgrading to aluminum bumpers isn't really a good idea... Aluminum tends to bend and stays bent unlike plastic where it flexes and absorbse energy dispersing it else where. That's a area u wanna keep plastic for all the impacts the truck is gonna take.

---------- Post added at 5:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:37 AM ----------

Sounds like a good solid truck man, do u have any pix?

U should definetly look in to some better wheels and tires, stock warlock/gt2 combo suck donkey balls lol.

Wheelie bars are great especially for the shorter X chassis, if u buy one just go for the hpi one.

Ummm upgrading to aluminum bumpers isn't really a good idea... Aluminum tends to bend and stays bent unlike plastic where it flexes and absorbse energy dispersing it else where. That's a area u wanna keep plastic for all the impacts the truck is gonna take.

---------- Post added at 5:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:37 AM ----------

yes they are on shopping list #2 ( tires )
thnx for the heads up on the bar and good point on the bumpers!! :D

I'll keep stock tires to bomb around the street and parking lots. do you suggest anything special?? I don't race, mainly just bash around. no heavy mud. dry pavement, across grass, stone parking lots ect.

Have a look a pro-lines 3.8" series, I used to have 40 series but I'm finding them harder to come by!

Proline Badlands 3.8 are my favorite bashing tires, super aggressive lugs but wayyy lighter then the rest of the 3.8 line up. If u want to stay at the 3.2 size or rock the stock wheels I like the HPI Dirt Bonz. Weight is very critical aspect a lot of ppl over look when it comes to their wheel and tire choice for their trucks. The heavier ur wheels are the more power it takes to turn them just like in a 1:1 car and u'll increse the amount of wear on the drive line specificly the cups and dog bones. Try to keep the rotating mass to a minimum unless ur really after that classic MT look with steam roller size tires lol.

Glad you got a THS pipe and not the hpi pipe...
ERCM Pipe is the ultimate way to go...
Badlands are great and also the new proline shockwave's :)

Good buy!, my trenchers are the 3.8 mounted on F-11 W/.5" offset MT combo

EH23 has a point about larger tires I have this set of IMEX jumbo kong tires I only really run them when I wanna break a dogbone...lol

Nice man u'll love'em way better the the stock set up!

Dood those F-11's are sick they're by far those are my favorite 3.8 wheels. I had a set of brand new Trencher X pre mounted on Desperados but I sold them, I'm gonna have to pick up another set of them mounted on F-11 wheels -_-

---------- Post added at 4:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:10 PM ----------

I've also been thinking about picking up a set of Tech 5's for my Bow Ties, not really sure how they'd look tho lol.

will post some pics tomorrow.

also picked up a silly wheelie bar. had to just chewin' up my rear bumper. either that or I was going to put some flint sticks on the back for a spark show :)

I can't see the picture it's just a blue box with a question mark.....what is it racer_1966

I'll have to find the pics,but if you go to next page the video is still there. It's the sparking attachment off of the Razor "Spark" scooter.

Back