To those running a 3shore or higher clutch "setup" on the Maxx...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30%NitroBoy

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
To those running a 3 Shoe or higher clutch "setup" on the Maxx...

Whaddup guys,

I've been thinking of going for a 3-shore clutch setup for a while now. I've heard many indifferent opinions on the subject but a thread in the Savage forum has my intrest sparked again.

So, to those that are running a 3 Shoe or higher clutch. What difference good and bad do you c compared to the stock 2 Shore clutch setup and what engine are you running it on??

Peace

Last edited:
They work great for big blocks. Quite a bit more grab off of the line. The most common problem that you will run into is the cb set ups are usually 18t maximum for the over the counter parts. I was testing a 54t spur on an rrp emaxx double slipper. It allows you to use the buggy 3-4 shoe like the Ofna and Fioroni sliding clutches. I did not try one on the Sirio 18.

I don't know of a 3 shoe clutch for 1/10 scale gears. As far as I know they are all 1/8 scale stuff. I am running a tool steel spur gear on my maxx that is 1/8 scale pitch, so I can use buggy 1/8 clutches. Its the way to go with big motors.

How's that RC Solutions stuff working for you?

Hey guys, Thanks for the 411 as I appreciate it. I didn't think their was a setup for 1/10th gears.

ScottM - I'd love to tell ya but I haven't ordered it yet. I had to get my real cars and trucks fixed before I dropped another $400+ on my Nitro addiction..hehe.

It gives you a faster strat off the line. But the bad thing is that sometimes the clips break.(the things that hod it together,)

Here is the 3 shoe clutch shoe I use in my Maxx with the Sirio.

GA Assembly

I use it with a RRP 72t dual disk slipper and 19t clutch bell.

Here is a link to a 4 shoe set-up.

4 Shoe Clutch

Hey robmob, how well does that work for you. I was considering buying it as well. I'm just running the stock shoes with 19t bell and 72 spur on my OS 21 RG maxx.

Just curious as to the life and overall performance.

Back