To all Stampede owners (elec may apply)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First off to make this clear, I do not know if this applies to the electric stampedes, although I would not be surprised.

Ok, my 3910 Nitro stampede came with collars (I believe they are called) installed in both rear axle carriers in place of ball bearings. They are just doughnut shaped pieces of brass or copper.

I went ahead and installed fasteddy bearings in the rear axle carriers. and it made a world of a difference. Honestly, I am almost satisfied with the .15 pro in there. I can imagine a 2.5R (or god forbid a 3.3) would make it one screamin machine. But I was already trying my hardest to keep it off the lid (not from wheelies, although I can get it do to wheelies.) I also think I should stiffen the suspension, that would help a lot!

I'm just writing this up to let other stampede owners know they should give this a try, because it works really well. Here's what I got...

http://www.fasteddybearings.com/products/5x11x4-Rubber-Sealed-bearing.-MR115%2d2RS.html

It probably had a bronze type bushing instead of a bearing.

Anytime you go from a bushing to a bearing you are gonna see a difference.

It probably had a bronze type bushing instead of a bearing.

Anytime you go from a bushing to a bearing you are gonna see a difference.

Yes, that's the name I was looking for, bushing. I figured it would make a pretty big difference. Just giving other pede owners a heads up on a cheap upgrade.