Tmaxx Wont Start Easy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmaxx96

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My tmaxx does not start very easily and would like some help it just cranks and crancks will eventually fire and then staart after like 30min ill post a vid lata. does anyone have any suggestions?

check your plug and is it primed

the engine is a TRX 2.5 too if that helps and yes it is primed but sounds like its not getting enough gas

does it kinda stutter before it starts

Check your two fuel tubing hoses. Make sure they are clean and your exhaust has pressure meaning there is no leaks. Make sure your coupler where the exhaust and the manifold pipe meet are in good and tight condition. Try adjusting your Carb needles.

Do you still use the blue wire on the easy start system?

If you have a glow igniter try removing the blue wire and using the igniter instead. I used to always have trouble starting my truck when using the blue wire because it would flood out every time before the plug got hot enough. Since I swapped to using an igniter it fires up in a couple taps of the ez-start button and my battery lasts a lot longer.

thnax ill try it

TO SUICIDE Yes it studers alot too

The Igniter idea is a good one. when I used the ez start I removed that blue wire REAL fast. It also preserves your battery. Then, I got sick of the battery, and got a pull starter ;)

your lean if it stutters when it starts. oh i love the easy start it works every time

turn it towards the motor counterclckwise richens it

no christmas money aw man that sux i got 155

x-mas money

i got 140 but spent it all on a new body bumpers body clips and body washers and put 55 bucks in da bank so aint got nothin I'm going to get a new engine off ebay and the advice helped alot thanx everyone

Yep, ez starts don't get the glow plug hot enough, get a real glow plug heater.

that is wat i use i
NEED a new engine do you people not get this

so rebuild it!!! lol
its like 65-70 bucks for the entire rebuild... then your good to go!