Tmaxx tranny question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am getting a 2.5 tmaxx on saturday and I just have a couple questions. What is the advantage of the FOC for the tranny? Disadvantages?? Is it really worth it for the conversion? And should I save up and get a 3.3 tranny for it with the opishift thing in it? What is the opishift for? And would it be and better then the 2.5. Would it be a wise advantage to put metal gears in he tranny?? And with the 26 ofna picco and the mount is it a direct drop in, or will i have to get a bigger chassis? Well thats for now but I'm sure there is more to come.

Zachary.

I can help you with some of your questions, but not all. The FOC conversion is worth it if you plan on racing. It rids you of some weight (servo and linkages) and some rotational mass inside the trans. For general bashing, I wouldn't be without reverse.

Thats nice but i dont have 150 right now. Is the 3.3 tranny stronger?

he could not remember if it had metal gears for sure. ask him, it has some RPP stuff

Well it turns out the guy I was supposed to trade with called it off so no tmaxx. Sorry for wasting space guys

sorry i had to call it off, and btw it wasn't a 2.5 maxx, it was the 1st gen .15 maxx. at least you have a savage now!