tmaxx tranny issues?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beshears8807

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
when i was driving my tmaxx yesterday it was running top notch and all of a sudden it dies i started it back up but know just revs up and doesn't go no where if you pick it up off the groung it will go but seems very very weak like a clutch slipping. I'm new to gas rc cars so would very much appreciate the help. note: earlier in the day broka a drive shaft knuckle but was replaced and worked fine. please help!!!!

does it make grinding noises. and also email traxxas support they are excelent

Sounds like your spur gear and slipper clutch. (big gear that sticks out of tranny) tighten that and you should be good.

tranny apart

pulled tranny apart and this little pin about 1/4 of and inch long was laying in the bottom? what could this go to?

You still have reverse right?

I beleive that goes between the forward and reverse primary gears on the main shaft.

tranny issues

no grinding and also it has reverse lockout.

Okay, well there is a pin, it holds the gears in place on your main shaft? I think thats where it goes.

Take a picture

tranny issues

would this cause it to not work right?

should 4985 spin freely while holding 4984 still?

Yes, because the gears would be sliding forward and not gripping properly I Think.

I havn't owned a Tmaxx in about a year so I am going all off memory.

I broke a 4995 today in my maxx. It made all sorts of noise, but still 'tried' to move. I'm learning the trans, so bear with me. 4995 has a screw pin on it, that holds it to the shaft. Try it.

Hey that's exactly what happen to me. Might sound weird but try adjusting the Highspeed needle. I would crack open my tranny if all else fails.

tmaxx tranny issues

TMAXX TRANNY PROBLEM FIXED i guess when i broke the drive shaft knuckle i must have sheared the pin that is in tranny that goes through a gear and main shaft. CHEap fix. thanks

Is there anybody know if the New TRAXXAS T-MAXX 3.3 4908 EDITION (2 Speed Forward ONLY Racing REVO Spec Transmission)work in old t-maxx 2.5