Tmaxx reverse problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hey guys! I just got my XTM extended 457 Tmaxx to shift from first to second. However, when I shift from reverse to forward, it sometimes (rarely) doesn't engage and just doesn't move. The engine is spinning the spur but nothing is engaging, and the wheels don't move. (Engine makes high rpm sound) is this normal?
Also, (rarely) but my Tmaxx sometimes won't shift into reverse. Is this normal?
Please help. Thanks.

The tmaxx reverse was always problematic. That's why one of the best mods you can do is the forward only conversion. I did it to every maxx I had, actually the two I still have both have a foc.

Hey guys! I just got my XTM extended 457 Tmaxx to shift from first to second. However, when I shift from reverse to forward, it sometimes (rarely) doesn't engage and just doesn't move. The engine is spinning the spur but nothing is engaging, and the wheels don't move. (Engine makes high rpm sound) is this normal?
Also, (rarely) but my Tmaxx sometimes won't shift into reverse. Is this normal?
Please help. Thanks.

A lot of times ,if the RPM's are too high ,it wont shift into reverse ,also ,but not sure about the T-max ,but on the Ae. MGT;s
reverse ,if the servo throw is not adjusted right ,it wont shift to reverse ,it goes into a neutral stage!... :cool:

A lot of times ,if the RPM's are too high ,it wont shift into reverse ,also ,but not sure about the T-max ,but on the Ae. MGT;s
reverse ,if the servo throw is not adjusted right ,it wont shift to reverse ,it goes into a neutral stage!... :cool:

I used to have a MGT, that thing's transmission was wayyyy more reliable.