tmaxx differentials

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTx_evil

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
i have a t-maxx with a 2200kv castle kit. I just broke my differential yesterday playing in the mud. is there by any chance the revo 3.3 diffs a straight plug a play with my setup. I already have the 3.3 grey trans in it. Looking to beef it up some more thanks for the advice

Attachments

• mudding rc.jpg
    mudding rc.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 74
Is it a 3.3 chassis or a 2.5 chassis? I've been looking at stuff related to this very topic as I've bought a tmaxx roller I want to convert over. I've read that if its the 3.3 chassis then the Emaxx diffs are a straight drop in. If its a 2.5 chassis then you can buy a couple of 4907 diffs and buy the nessary parts to build it up to brushless specs. Additional part#'s Traxxas 3978 and 5382x.

Is it a 3.3 chassis or a 2.5 chassis? I've been looking at stuff related to this very topic as I've bought a tmaxx roller I want to convert over. I've read that if its the 3.3 chassis then the Emaxx diffs are a straight drop in. If its a 2.5 chassis then you can buy a couple of 4907 diffs and buy the nessary parts to build it up to brushless specs. Additional part#'s Traxxas 3978 and 5382x.
its the 2.5 chassis

i have a t-maxx with a 2200kv castle kit. I just broke my differential yesterday playing in the mud. is there by any chance the revo 3.3 diffs a straight plug a play with my setup. I already have the 3.3 grey trans in it. Looking to beef it up some more thanks for the advice
Wow that's alot of mud. You are running the 2.5 Tmaxx converted? What other parts from the 2.5 do you still have on the truck? The revo 3.3 diffs won't hold up. And to be honest the 3.3 tranns won't hold up much longer either. It's a plastic gear tranns.. Even if you did the FOC. The Nitro truck parts/gears can't handle the power and tourqe. That the brushless motors can put out.. any way the diffs that you want to get are the revo brushless diffs.Or the Tmaxx 3.3 diffs.. but you should change the bulks to the grey ones from the tmaxx 3.3.. what axles are you running with?
Or if you can find the. The Emaxx diffs

Last edited:
Wow that's alot of mud. You are running the 2.5 Tmaxx converted? What other parts from the 2.5 do you still have on the truck? The revo 3.3 diffs won't hold up. And to be honest the 3.3 tranns won't hold up much longer either. It's a plastic gear tranns.. Even if you did the FOC. The Nitro truck parts/gears can't handle the power and tourqe. That the brushless motors can put out.. any way the diffs that you want to get are the revo brushless diffs.Or the Tmaxx 3.3 diffs.. but you should change the bulks to the grey ones from the tmaxx 3.3.. what axles are you running with?
Or if you can find the. The Emaxx diffs
the only thing left are the diff and I'm running steel drivelines

Back