Tire question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI_Newb

Devil without a clue
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I've got am HPI trophy truggy, all stock except for a Losi 454 motor. I run Odonells 25% nitro, Mccoy Med-cold plug. This truck has some serious torque for being a truck thats not geared too low.

My question is this, will I have any issues running Pro-line Big joe tires? I just ordered a set of Big joe's mounted on Tech 5 wheels. Will the tires clear all of my suspension and be able to turn? Will the added weight and size mess up my engine/drive train?

These tires will only be used for mud trenching, nothing high speed. My buddy has some pretty deep sloppy mud trenches in his back yard, and I need something with some more grip to keep up with the Maxx's that they run in there.

For street running I have a set of Pro-line street fighters also mounted on Tech 5 wheels, but with these tires I have a 1/2 offset on the wheels, the new big joes don't have that and that's what bothers me.

And for Light off road/dirt I have the stock truggy tires which do decent for that.

Any input is appreciated.

So I've got am HPI trophy truggy, all stock except for a Losi 454 motor. I run Odonells 25% nitro, Mccoy Med-cold plug. This truck has some serious torque for being a truck thats not geared too low.

My question is this, will I have any issues running Pro-line Big joe tires? I just ordered a set of Big joe's mounted on Tech 5 wheels. Will the tires clear all of my suspension and be able to turn? Will the added weight and size mess up my engine/drive train?

These tires will only be used for mud trenching, nothing high speed. My buddy has some pretty deep sloppy mud trenches in his back yard, and I need something with some more grip to keep up with the Maxx's that they run in there.

For street running I have a set of Pro-line street fighters also mounted on Tech 5 wheels, but with these tires I have a 1/2 offset on the wheels, the new big joes don't have that and that's what bothers me.

And for Light off road/dirt I have the stock truggy tires which do decent for that.

Any input is appreciated.
IMO Pro-Line Big Joe's are a fairly big tire & the Tires MIGHT rub you body & you might have to trim the body & if your just useing the tires for mud bogging & nothing for Hi speeds I think you should be OK also another tire to consider are Pro-Line Flat Iron's in a 3.0- 3-2 might be a better way to go as well

Exactly what I wanted to know. I don't have a problem trimming my body, I planned on doing some mods for cooling to it anyways. I'm just glad I've got water proof servos and electronics lol.

Back