tire help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Undertaker

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on a bit of a money crunch and was wondering if it would be better to buy pre glued tires for my e-revo 2.0 or attempt to try to glue them my self. I have never done it before, but I have a mismatched badland tire that I'm going to glue on to a rim of a talon wheel (compatible size). Whats your thoughts?

Last edited:
glue them, not uncommon for pre-glued to come apart anyways. just make sure to get a good amount of glue in the bead then firmly press in. a big rubber band around the outside of the tire specifically around the bead really helps to seat them correctly, not necessary, but does help.

glue them yourself.as said above many times a pre glued tire fails to stay on rim..i like to slower cure ca glue kinda fond of the black tire glues..takes 24 hours of more to do them

Thanks a lot again guys! I've found what I needed to know.

So your going to have one badland tire and 3 of something else? The OD and weight are pretty critical to be the same on all wheels driven by power. Also the ballooning comes into play as well once your up to speed.

I currently have 3 pre mounted badland tires on 3 badland wheels. And the remaining badland tire is going to mounted on to a talon wheel. It's a strange occurrence/circumstance I have.

Is the offset the same?

The wheel weight shouldn't differ that much, but if you were going with 3 talon tires and 1 badland tire, that would make for some weird results and likely be hard on your drive train.

FWIW, you can probably get a couple new proline wheels cheap.

Back