tire glue other then CA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkytechnician

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was just wondering what a good tire glue is other then CA glue, my last tires were on with CA, and it took hours and hours to clean all that rubber off the rims to change the tires, i was wondering if you could use like a contact cement or something that would be less penetrating then the CA, that way your not stuck with a big hunk of CA soaked rubber to clean out of the rim bead, anyhow, any thoughts?

Contact cement requires lacquer thinner to remove. That will melt the plastic that isn't chromed on the wheel, and destroy the tire rubber.

I get a different set of rims for each set of tires. Not worth the time it takes to strip them off.

ya, thats true, maybe i should just get a second set of stock rims, they are probibly pritty cheap on e-bay, I was just wondering because I was thinking about getting some of those sand paddle tires for the snow, the knobby pin tires I am using now arn't very good in the snow, thanks rolex, by the way, what model of rolex do you have ?

I would recommend the Traxxas hurricane rims, $10.00 for 2.

the knobby pin tires I am using now arn't very good in the snow, thanks rolex, by the way, what model of rolex do you have ?

When I had the Max I could switch from the Chevrons to the pin tires or pins in the rear only, depending on the driving conditions at the track. It's always good to have a few different treads to choose from.

Stainless Submariner replica. When I signed up, Rolex was the name of my "Watch" dog. :D

Stainless Submariner replica. :D
kinda like this one? LOL (a little momento from my middle east tour ;))
IMG_0784.jpg

Last edited:
When I had the Max I could switch from the Chevrons to the pin tires or pins in the rear only, depending on the driving conditions at the track. It's always good to have a few different treads to choose from.

But that only helps when you DRIVE your car, not when you take your car to watch the races, LOL!!!! I could just see Rolex on the side of the track talking to his Maxx " see this is what you could be doing if I allowed you to get dirty" LOL!!!! "Alright now back on the shelf with you":hehe::hehe::hehe::p::D

LMAO. The Max was almost a DAILY driver for almost 2 years. Winter hibernation only. It RARELY got cleaned.

I have 3. It's the one on the right that I used daily.

Rolex3.jpg

This one, the Submariner:

Smarin.jpg

Last edited:
Back