tips?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jls24

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
doing the revo 3.3 conversion to electric by tekno

good motor?
castle?
other stuff i need ?

and that works with any motor?

No offense meant here, but you're way better off getting a chassis and tranny from an ebay chop shop. I built an entire erbe from the ground up for about 250, minus MMM combo, radio gear, and a few small bits like screws etc.

how bout this

Castle Creations
Mamba Max PRO
5700kV NC-1406 Brushless Motor & ESC Combo

Personally Id put an MMM in it with a mamba 2200KV and run it on 6S Lipo....Thats the least expensive way to go. If you wanted Quality Id use an Tekin RX8 ESC. Castle seems to be having alot of quality control issues the last year or so with their ESCs. The Mamba 2200KV is still a good engine to use and if you use the MMM you might as well use the mamba engine because the MMM isnt sensored anyway. If you want quality and control over raw speed then Id use the Tekin RX8 esc with probably a Tekin T8 1700kv truggy engine on 5S. (I'm almost positive that motor can handle 5S but youd have to check Tekin website to be sure) If you run that combo you'll still have great speed and torque but you can run sensored and it will be more controlable power. Or you could run a Tekin T8 1550KV sensored on 6S and just compensate with higher or lower gearing depending on what you are after.....The Revo is really a 1/8 scale truck anyway even though Traxxas likes to claim its a 1/10.

Bottom line is Castle system is cheaper cuz you can get it from ebay and its gonna be stupid fast.

If you go the Tekin route you can still make it a very fast kit but it wont have quite the same kick as the Castle system. The key here is that Tekin products in my limited experience out last Castle (At least in the ESC department. Motor could be debated) and Since you can run them sensored You'll put more power on the track and be able to control it better.

Just depends on what you want out of your Revo when you're done.

Last edited:
I'm not lookin to go million mph , id like to c nitro performance like 40 mph , have some low end punch when needed and can handle a 1 1/2 jump

Get the Mamba Monster with the 2202kV motor. It's got enough torque to move the Revo.

what lipo with that ?

For the Mamba Monster you need a minimum discharge Rate of 30c.

The MMM requires a minimum of 25c at 5000 mah, but I would get something with at least 30c just to be safe.

If your not looking to turn it into a ghost rider kit Id use the Tekin RX8 esc with the 1700 Truggy motor on 5S. If you can afford it. It is pretty much the best quality ESC and Motor you can buy on the market. If you need something thats a little more budget friendly pick up an MMM and the mamba 2200kv Run it on 4,5, or 6S whatever floats your boat. Personally from what your describing Id go with one of those two set ups (whichever one you can afford) and run on 5S. To fine tune it into a performance level you want, play with the gearing until your satisfied. I personally like gensacearespammers lipos but Sky lipos are decent too. Most of the hard data I've seen on the internet suggest that gensacearespammers out performs Sky but not by much. The Skys however are slightly cheaper if I'm not mistaken. theres so review vids on both of them out on youtube...look them up if you're interested.

I've got turnigy lipos and they are top notch 3s packs for the money, only 100 bucks.

can some one explane lipos to me plz , like good charger ect.

i felt stupid askin that srry