Tips for sealing carb ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My carb has about 2 mil of play innit and iS quite easy to pull off . Its the trx 3.3 engine wat can i use to seal it up .

Surely someone has got an idea wat to do . I'm just gunna buy some superglue tomoro and try that .

For sealing always use sensor safe high temperature RTV (silicon sealant).

Rtv? Lhs or handy store .

Abit like gasket sealer then .

hey guys ahhhhh just a quick thought........
your carb should be locked down by a little nut. And under no cercumstance (spelling sorry) be easy to pull off. it should positively be locked into position!

hey guys ahhhhh just a quick thought........
your carb should be locked down by a little nut. And under no cercumstance (spelling sorry) be easy to pull off. it should positively be locked into position!

Ding ding ding! Right on,you have to find out why it's loose. Sealing is good,but if the carb is loose the rtv won't hold it for more than few minutes.

Its the plastic carb and the pinch bolt is tight . I'm english Rtv never heard of it lol . All this slang and jargon . Now if you would of said gasket sealer in the 1st place i wouldn't of looked like such a . . . . . Lol .

Its the plastic carb and the pinch bolt is tight . I'm english Rtv never heard of it lol . All this slang and jargon . Now if you would of said gasket sealer in the 1st place i wouldn't of looked like such a . . . . . Lol .

RTV isn't slang or jargon...it is the correct name

I'd never heard of it until I got into this hobby. But your right, here in the UK it is called gasket sealer.

Thankyou . Everybody's so quick to jump the gun and correct ya . I did put a question mark next to Rtv but obviously no one see it.

RTV is the correct name. It stands for Room Temperature Vulcanizing.

i don't understand why they would call it gasket sealer...
its a gasket/seal maker...
you shouldn't use rtv AND a gasket...
its not meant to seal a gasket...thats what the gasket is for...adding rtv to a gasket would only impede its ability to properly seal...

I had this problem on my old savage 4.6. The pinch bolt, no matter how much it was tightened, was always loose so I just JB welded it on. Never came loose after that, I didn't care though, was planning on buying a new motor for it soon anyway, but it did hold up!!