Throttle post

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stouty109

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have been having a issue with my throttle post it keeps flipping backwards.

This is what it should look like

Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFs-1.jpg

and this is what it always does

Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2l.jpg

do i need a new one or is their something i can do to stop it. Iv tried to adjust everything

Wow.....that's wierd. Can u unscrew that from your chassis and put the two little "nubs" in the opposite holes? I know on mine, its got two tiny holes on the chassis that the throttle post sets in. Then I screw it on. This is probably a stupid question but do you have your throttle servo and horn on the right way? Man....I've never seen that before. Looks like an easy fix though. I don't think there's anything broke there. Looks like when you hit the throttle, the horn is going out toward the front of the truck. It should be going in to open up your slide.

Last edited:
Adjust the little ball cup on the carb to make the link longer. Then adjust your linkage on the servo to match. Doing so will make the pivot more like this at idle so it won't be so likely to go all the way around on full throttle.

2010-0523-T-MaxxThrottleLinkageHelp.jpg

nice photo shopage haha ill give that a go tomarrow

Yea your servo likage is just to long. You can just slide the stoppers out on the servo side. Just check to make sure it still can reach full open.

Btw the throttle linkage should be in the middle hole on the servo T (just incase someone changed it)

Also keep the spring on the linkage under a little load because it helps your carb close as far as it should when you let of the gas.

your linkage at the post is going over center. olds is right you need to adjust the linkage going to the carb. also if you take the bellcrank off and turn it over so the longest arme is going to the carb, it give you faster response.

your linkage at the post is going over center. olds is right you need to adjust the linkage going to the carb. also if you take the bellcrank off and turn it over so the longest arme is going to the carb, it give you faster response.

Heck, if one side is longer, you may just be able to flip it and get the adjustment you need without messing with the wires. I don't recall one ear being longer than the other though.

yeah had same problem with linkage being too far... theres just to much room for it too play, kinda over extends into WOT!!! for me atleast. Would my old 2055 servo i put on for throttle give better response, i know it helped braking.

You just need to adjust the horn a few splines back on the servo and lengthen the small linkage going to the carb a little. This is an easy problem to bench test as well. Make your adjustment, and with the radio and rx on, grab full throttle. Then see if you can physically push the post to the flipped position. When your adjusted properly, you'd have to force it so much that something would break. Now that you know what your looking at, it'll be easy to see when your good to go. I'm another one that has had this problem.:)

setting up linkage should fallow the same rule about taking a bolt in or out. never push when you can pull.

Adjust the little ball cup on the carb to make the link longer. Then adjust your linkage on the servo to match. Doing so will make the pivot more like this at idle so it won't be so likely to go all the way around on full throttle.

2010-0523-T-MaxxThrottleLinkageHelp.jpg

thanks alot it works perfectly now