Thoughts about Sportwerks .26?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm considering getting a sportwerks .26 and maybe finding someone that can "tune/mod" it a bit for a lil more performance. At any rate I know it's a fairly new engine but thought I'd see if anyone has used this engine or have heard any good or bad things about it.

Here's the specs I've got so far:
  • 7-port design
  • knife-edge rod
  • oversize head sink,
  • 3-needle slide carb.
  • .26 cu. in.(4.3cc)
  • rpm 33,000
  • hp 2.75

-Michael

I know it looks really sweet sitting in my buggy! I haven't taken it apart yet to see how the internals look. I'm sure it might benefit from some of the common sleeve tweaking that we've seen (like the HPI S-25 mods). Perhaps after I run it for a bit, I'll tear it down and see if there's anything that can be done...

Well I'm thinking either the Sportwerks or the Fantom .27

-Michael

I was told it was Mach .26 with a different carb...And it was awesome..

markallen said:
I was told it was Mach .26 with a different carb...And it was awesome..

markallen,

I too have been told the Sportwerks was a Mach .26, then again I've also heard the Fantom .27 was a picco .26 - decisions, decisions :)

-Michael

WoodiE said:
markallen,

I too have been told the Sportwerks was a Mach .26, then again I've also heard the Fantom .27 was a picco .26 - decisions, decisions :)

-Michael

that's intersting.. isn't a Picco .26 basically a bored out .21? they can only take that so far.

WoodiE said:
markallen,

-Michael

We both know the Fantom .27 is a Wasp .28...I was also told the Sportwerks .26 is like a Picco.Its like a switch..On or Off...

I raced my mayhem rtr last night for the first time and I am very impressed with the .26 that it came with. I am going to be purchasing a .21 RG soon though..and yes it feels like my old 2000 Kawasaki KX250 that I use to race.. On/Off :D

Travis

WoodiE did you decide yet?

What are you putting the mill into?