This picco .21 is INSANE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdoom405

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've had the engine in my max for about 2 gallons now, and the damn thing just keeps getting faster. I noticed my body was starting to rip off from wind resistance during high speed runs, so I finally talked my cop neigbhor into busting out the radar gun.

48mph! And thats with 20/56 gearing and stock tires. I'm pretty impressed.

No video huh?

Soon. My gf got me one of those Flip HD cameras, but she wont let me play with it until xmas..:)

What did it take to mount that engine? How much did it cost, engine and accessories? You have my interest perked up. I like the idea of something smaller than a .26, but bigger than a .18.

What was originally in it? The 3.3 Traxxas engine?

I have been eyeballing these .21 engines - they really seem like the best bang for your buck. Cannot wait to see the vid! :)

Its a Picco p2max. I think olds97 originally posted the link to it. Its a direct drop in for the maxx, easy start and all. And only 75 bucks. Unfortunatly that was on closeout and I'm not sure its even available anymore. Look through the forums and you should find the thread where it was originally posted.

It may just like this cold, dense air. I have adjusted my tune for the weather, so I don't think its running lean.

It's not the weather, Picco engines in general wake up around the 2 gallon mark. :D

What did it take to mount that engine? How much did it cost, engine and accessories? You have my interest perked up. I like the idea of something smaller than a .26, but bigger than a .18.

That's good news for me I just finished my 4908 the other day. Pics are on my profile I can't figure out how to post on a thread. Oh yeah it's a picco 21. Picked it up for 129.00. It's a direct drop in just a wee bit larger than the 3.3. It came with a mount too, that's the only difference. I REALLY can't wait for spring now. It's geared 20/55 with big joe 40's I'm guessing 50 plus mph easy.

Back