This is the first forum I've been on longer than usual!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
Well I haven't had much luck on forms for over 15 years of my life. I'm surprised that I'm staying as long as I am. I've never do well with people every time people get around me there's always problems. I have been struggling with social interaction really all my life. I hate did a video discussing this and compare it to how nitrogen's to be complex if one does understand it. But I figured I'll save that method of explanation later on.

This is more of a ranting video thats meaningless was just airing out some frustration in my life.

If it doesn't do anything else, I hope it can help someone so they don't end up with the situation I end up with as far as my life. It's nothing worse than being handicapped mentally where you don't know how to deal with people are nothing. When you're robbed of yourself your true self because of these limitations. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy is even though I wish bad things to happen to them in the past to be honest.

I've been ban on countless forms anywhere from video games to just about any platform this is the first form so I ever get to be active on. Dealt with people and never had problems as far as just, I don't know anything. I explained a lot more in my video. But I'll save the rest for that.

This hobby is full of kind, understanding people who are here to help. And here’s a shocker, we all have our issues duds. Mental health is a real thing but you are part of a nitro community that cares about not just your rc cars, but well-being. Keep your head up bro and congrats on being on these forums. 👍

Life is all about overcoming the challenges that we face day to day. There will be many and they will be fairly often but its how we respond to and hopefully in some cases conquer or adapt to those problems/situations. I have to fight with being OCD and the OCD drives a lot of the addiction and/or compulsion issues I have now or had in the past. Its a daily struggle for me.

My best friend has issues with being socially awkward because he struggles with mental health issues too. He has issues with being paranoid and getting very frustrated with people because his brain is wired in such a way that he is very structured in his day to day habits, schedule and his way of thinking. So anytime he's interacting with someone or something (usually someone) that deviates anything beyond out outside of what he was expecting he doesn't know how to respond and tends to get very frustrated. His frustration is often time seen by others as him being rude toward them which can cause him issues but hes really just frustrated.

At any rate, the TLDR is overcome and adapt. :)

I'm not sure it can help, but I know people who went through a treatment. They each had different issues and had sucess. I've heard a few others on people I dont know with sucess. People with ptsd it also helps.

I think around 200 a visit, up to 10 or 12 times. Its called evox treatment. Lets say you were in war. Your therapist gets your emotions off your chest. This is your bodies way of doing that.

I think nobody is perfect ,an everyone has had some kind of bad experience in their life ,it is not just
isolated to a War time effect ,we the people have to deal with the brutal crap that goes on around us
at are own door steps in society!
In my opinion ,one would have to get in touch to their own spirit ,an try to learn how to deal with
their fears ,some people need a spiritual guidance!..:cool:
I am not the one to judge anyone ,that reaches out!..:thumbs-up:

Here's a secret guy's I'm clinically diagnosed as a bipolar with schizoid tendency and add along with chronic depression and ptsd. Ptsd isn't just a war time thing. I was standing next to my brother when he was hit by a car and killed in a crosswalk. I use rc as my social interaction either on the forum or when running them. Mine seem to draw quite a bit of attention even when it's just making runs in empty parking lots. I enjoy the hobby and it serves as an ice breaker for me as I have difficulty taking to people. We all are perfectly imperfect but are created as we were meant to be.

I was addicted to the party life in general ,would rather party than deal with my own personal
well being ,but in my case ,it was easy to quit drinking & what not because that was not the
problem ,the problem was the addiction of being with people an partying an having fun!
So I settled down an took up RC's an devoted my time to RC's an then I was able to enjoy
time with sober people an the rest of my family ,I am still sober today an dont need to be
around anyone anymore ,besides ,times has changed ,it is too dangerous to be out an about
in this world to be doing stupid crap!
Now that I had got to know my spiritual side ,it has made me more aware of how stupid
other people are!..:hehe:

After dealing with mood swings and anxiety issues all my life my wife finally convinced me to seek treatment 4 years ago. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Receiving treatment completely changed my life. I enjoy each day now and my enjoyment of th RC hobby has increased as well. My only regret was waiting until I was 56 years old to face my problem and do something about it. But I learned it’s never too late make a positive change and find joy in life.

To the original poster, I hope you can see that you are not alone in your thoughts and way of thinking. We all deal with things on a daily basis but with work, spiritual healing, possibly meds, and lifestyle changes, we can be better and do better. And @cbaker65, I’m on the same path as you bud and have been better off for it. Deal with anxiety problems and empathetic issues, and meds and therapists have been a huge help as well as my own self work, rc, working out, and just trying to be better. Also, I don’t care if I sound crazy but this hobby literally helps people in a miraculous way. It truly is special and I’ve seen drug addicts, army vets with issues, and just people with mental issues really improve their lives because of this hobby. People that aren’t in this hobby wouldn’t get it, but I swear these cars have “souls” and a life to them, that in turn can help improve your own life and focus your efforts on healthier hobby’s and lifestyles. Toy cars these are not, they are much more than that. And that’s the end of my rant for the day and I stand by it. Rc for life

I was addicted to the party life in general ,would rather party than deal with my own personal
well being ,but in my case ,it was easy to quit drinking & what not because that was not the
problem ,the problem was the addiction of being with people an partying an having fun!
So I settled down an took up RC's an devoted my time to RC's an then I was able to enjoy
time with sober people an the rest of my family ,I am still sober today an dont need to be
around anyone anymore ,besides ,times has changed ,it is too dangerous to be out an about
in this world to be doing stupid crap!
Now that I had got to know my spiritual side ,it has made me more aware of how stupid
other people are!..:hehe:

In all honesty forums are my contact with the outside world. I get around crowds and get nervous as hell. I don't even do family functions. Of course the family hates me for it but I really don't care.
Having both addiction issues and anxiety issues around large crowds I undertsand a lot of both of these issues. Baker, I'm really glad that you were able to get sober. I'm mostly sober these days but I havent tackled my issues completely. I do good for a while, relapse for a spell and then get back on the wagon again. It beats what I was going through before but I just can't seem to let go of it completely and when I do i just end up spending more money on RC stuff. Its a bit of a catch 22 but my wife would rather see me waste money on RCs (its a complete waste to her lol) rather than on drinking.

Honestly I'm all for supporting my fellow human beings no matter what the problem cuz we all got em :)

Back