thinking of going from 18tcb to 16...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niffken

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone have real time with this. I am not concerned with top end. I am a basher! I want to know if i need to change my shift point. I have an os cvx 15. Will it be able to lift the front end up?
my setup now is 72/18
I'm thinking i want to go 72/16 or 74/18

If anyone has a gear set up they like let me know.

oh yeah here a pic for ya!!!

touch me twice

Its hard to say if your going to need to change your shift point I dont know where you live, but about 7 out of 10 people would need to at least retune if not change the shift point in the trans when going that low with the gears.

I'm running 74/16 and didnt need to change the shiftpoint in the tranny. HOWEVER, you MUST retune your needles or you probably wont shift at all. With this extreme it took me a bit to get what I was looking for. Again, I never changed the shiftpoint in the tranny itself.

I'm certain others have had to change it in the tranny. I just wanted to emphasize on the retuning part. Its a must.

And I have no idea if it will lift your front end. It all depends on your overall setup. If the engine is new, more than likely yes.