Thinking of dabbling with 1/14 indoor buggy racing...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83N

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'd like an evening hobby for the winter months so I want to start prep asap. I have a decent indoor track a few miles from me and they offer micro (1/14) buggy racing on Monday nights.

Anyone else got any experience with it?

I see these buggies mentioned *a lot*:
- Carisma GTB
- Tacon Soar/ LC Racing EMB-1
- Losi Mini 8ight

Are any of the above better than the other?

Thanks for any input.

I don't race but the Losi Mini 8ight would be my choice. If it's anything like it's big brother then it's gonna be a blast!

I just bought 2 Vaterra Kalahari's they're basically a Losi mini 8ight they're beastly and fast for a 14th rally so I'm putting in my 2¢ for the mini 8ight

Over on RCGroups.com there is a mega thread on the Tacon / LC Racing cars. Seems most think they are better than the Losi Mini8 line - if you get the upgraded Brushless model.

But - when it comes to starting a new racing class, my advice is always the same - go to the track, see what is popular, and buy that.

Just bought a used LC Racing EMB-1H for pocket change.

It's basically a scaled-down 1/8 racing buggy and it's fast, rock hard and brilliant.

Now to strip down, clean, rebuild and tune to my tastes.

The winter's going to be fun! :)

Attachments

• 1232666d1410921649-lc-racing-emb-1h-official-thread-20140915_130228-medium-.jpg
    1232666d1410921649-lc-racing-emb-1h-official-thread-20140915_130228-medium-.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 157
Back