Thinking of building a scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxBlack

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I've had my maxx for about 3 months now and I'm already wanting another truck. Been thinking about a trail truck. Few questions to get me started. I'm looking to build a scale f350 and have found the body and pretty sure a trail finder 2 chassis will work for under neither (correct me if I'm wrong) but Idont want to buy the whole kit just to resell the body wheels etc that I won't be using. Other than peicing it together is there another option of buy just the chassis and drive train. Then I add on the other peices to that? Or am I pretty much stuck with the kit?

It's probably easiest to buy the chassis and the other parts for the driveline and body.

if your set on the trail finder2 then yea pretty much stuck with the kit. if your after a scx10 or something you could just buy what you need from dollarhobbyz or ebay.

you should be able to fit a f350 body to just about any trail rig. I'm sure the mojave body will sell for more then a new f350 will run you. as for the tires, i dont think anything comes with ones id actually use, sept maybe the axial stuff once you add weights.

I've priced it a few times, and its almost 6's.

I'm really not set on any one kit. When checking specs. The scx10 chassis seemed a bit short for the body. I'm looking basicly for the most cost effective way of putting everything together.

If you have lots of questions bout crawlers trailers and such check out rc sparks nothing wrong here, just will get way more replies

If you have lots of questions bout crawlers trailers and such check out rc sparks nothing wrong here, just will get way more replies

Thanks for the info. May look into it.

You going to have to make adjustments to any chassis you choose to make it fit your body correctly. The SCX10 chassis fits the F-350 body pretty good IMO....

scx002.jpg

ford-1.jpg

Smaxxin How much did you need to lengthen the 4 link to get it to sit in the wells right?

There are two different versions of the SCX-10, a short- and a long-wheel base version.

There are two different versions of the SCX-10, a short- and a long-wheel base version.

First I never noticed that, but theres no way to get the honcho as a kit. How are the electronics that come with the RTR? Id hate to spend the extra coin for parts that really are not going to be worth it.

Thats was an original SCX10 kit, I didn't have to do any link adjustments but I did move the rear shock mounts a little. The Dingo kit still uses that same wheelbase. Scale rigs don't need fancy running gear like a crawler does, in that rig I had a Hitec 645 plasti dipped and a waterproof Traxxas esc on a cheap 2s lipo stock spur with an 18t pinion and it ran great!

Confused.....the honcho lists the wheel base at 12.3 which is perfect for the f350 body the dingo lists the wheel base at 11.4 which obviously would be to short. Or is the chassis on the dingo able to stretch to the longer wheel base? I'm not to concerned about esc and servos ect. right now. Just trying to get the right chassis the first time.

I believe it is different length links that make honcho kit longer then the Dingo, longer links could be purchased or made to get the longer wheel base.

I believe it is different length links that make honcho kit longer then the Dingo, longer links could be purchased or made to get the longer wheel base.

yep, I've got both a honcho and a dingo and the only diference is the wheelbase. so in this case, the lower and upper links are the only physical difference between my two.

Back