Thinking about going BB

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savon

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Alright, i'll be racing my revo next year, i've been thinking about going big block, but just don't know if i really want too. So i thought i would ask you guys,
Why or why not go big block? and if I do go to BB what are some good engines to look at?

Thanks guys.

I'm a basher and don't race, but I found it extremely easy to overpower the revo with a BB. Just running an XTM24.7 was a handful for me. The extra weight caused it to bottom out hard and handle a bit more ass heavy. Made for easy wheelies though and the drivetrain held up to it without a problem. Running the FOC of course. My only real issue was the chassis tweaking in the engine bay when landing jumps of 5-6 feet or more.

For racing, you'd probably be better off getting a good .18 like the OSTZ and doing what needs done to install it.

I'm a basher and don't race, but I found it extremely easy to overpower the revo with a BB. Just running an XTM24.7 was a handful for me. The extra weight caused it to bottom out hard and handle a bit more ass heavy. Made for easy wheelies though and the drivetrain held up to it without a problem. Running the FOC of course. My only real issue was the chassis tweaking in the engine bay when landing jumps of 5-6 feet or more.

For racing, you'd probably be better off getting a good .18 like the OSTZ and doing what needs done to install it.

Thanks for the help, What would i need for an os.18 to be put in there?

A good BB for the money is the Picco .26 Maxx. It is a direct bolt-in only requiring the BB motor mount. Even the EZ-Start will bolt up.

Keep your eyes peeled for o.s. 18 tm's on ebay. They show up all the time brand new.....usually about $140-160 direct bolt in style.

Keep your eyes peeled for o.s. 18 tm's on ebay. They show up all the time brand new.....usually about $140-160 direct bolt in style.

Will do, thanks for the help guys.