thinking about getting a rc shreddy boat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone does enyone like the pro boat shreddy? I have heard good things about the deep v recoil 2
Although i have never owned a smaller V-hull like the Shreddy, i have owned a couple of the bigger v-hulls, like the SonicWake, and several ProBoat cats (Veles, BlackJack, Miss Geico), and, you can never go wrong with a ProBoat. We used to take them off the coast of Virginia and hammer them in the Atlantic, and never really had issues with them (although, salt water is a nightmare on electronics). Currently, due to circumstances beyond my control, i dont have any RC boats, but, my next one will definitely be a ProBoat of some sort. As for the Recoil 2 you are looking at, I'm assuming it is just a smaller, but just as durable and easy to use boat as the Sonic Wake and the Impulse are. The self righting feature is pretty useful, but, doesn't always work in really rough water (yes, i know, shouldnt be running in really rough water, but, the bigger waves make it even more of a blast). This is a video Exocaged did of a SonicWake somewhere down south:

Although i have never owned a smaller V-hull like the Shreddy, i have owned a couple of the bigger v-hulls, like the SonicWake, and several ProBoat cats (Veles, BlackJack, Miss Geico), and, you can never go wrong with a ProBoat. We used to take them off the coast of Virginia and hammer them in the Atlantic, and never really had issues with them (although, salt water is a nightmare on electronics). Currently, due to circumstances beyond my control, i dont have any RC boats, but, my next one will definitely be a ProBoat of some sort. As for the Recoil 2 you are looking at, I'm assuming it is just a smaller, but just as durable and easy to use boat as the Sonic Wake and the Impulse are. The self righting feature is pretty useful, but, doesn't always work in really rough water (yes, i know, shouldnt be running in really rough water, but, the bigger waves make it even more of a blast). This is a video Exocaged did of a SonicWake somewhere down south:
I won a Blackjack from Horizon. I traded it for our Kraton, but I wish I had been able to drive it once or twice before doing so. It looked like it would be a blast to drive.
20210807_153810.jpg

Wish there was more water to go lay with out here. I live walking distance from the river but to rapid and to many rocks.

Thanks for taking the time to message me post. Wow that would have been a blast for shore. Yeah I thought at first I can go on the sea water with it but I didn't think about it thoroughly I have see things corrode that I wouldn't think could that badly, I agree be a blast if you can hit waves. I got a lake down the road some times it's ski boats getting around can hit the Wake waves of them might be fun.
I think so the ProBoat.