Thinking about doing spec slash racing or making a slash/rustler race build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So the only kind of race I done was back in 2016 when I was 8. I was in the young guns short course race. Way back when my slash was box stock. I seen spec slash getting popular. I think it is the easiest way to start racing because you can race a box stock slash, and their is part/upgrade requirements. That is nice because most of the upgrades you can do are not expensive. Also since my slash now is going to be a monster slash, I'm thinking about getting another slash and doing some race stuff with it. If I don't get into spec slash I will just do short course 2wd class. If i do get another slash I will get the vxl. And the first upgrades will be a lcg chassis, metal gear servo, all rpm arms and front bulkhead, aluminum bell crank, tires. If I don't get another slash I will take the rustler that I have right now and run in 2wd stadium truck class. My uncle used to do rcs. He did 4x4 short course truck with his losi short course truck and he did 4x4 buggy with his xray xb4(2017 model)

Definitely sounds like a good time.And a great build project.. I would suggest just pick up a roller. Or even better start with the LCG chassis. And build it the way you would like it. And then your not buying a RC. To only spend more money on upgrades and mods. And haven to change parts.like you have listed above. Just build the slash from the chassisup bud. I personally like building RC's from the chassis up. The way I want them to be. 👍👍

If I don't get another slash I will take the rustler that I have right now and run in 2wd stadium truck class.
Yep. Keep the Slash and why not built a Stadium... I am racing in the Stadium class with my kit "Spec" Slash (clear body)

CTSR 20 novembre 2021 finale B Stadium truck Capture d’écran.jpg

Off-Topic: Stadium trucks are faster than me.... they are running 7,5T-9,5T motors. So they allowed me to change my pinion. The Slash stock pinion is 16T an I am now running 19T.
That was the Main B-Finals 2 weeks ago. I was 3 sec. out of a Main A-Finals... :) I am still surprised by this Slash... :)
note: LCG chassis with loaded mods (Max 10) will be "rougher/heavier" on the track... So, you have to check the local rules. I can't use my LCG chassis anymore... :(

IMG_3242.JPG

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like a good time.And a great build project.. I would suggest just pick up a roller. Or even better start with the LCG chassis. And build it the way you would like it. And then your not buying a RC. To only spend more money on upgrades and mods. And haven to change parts.like you have listed above. Just build the slash from the chassisup bud. I personally like building RC's from the chassis up. The way I want them to be. 👍👍
I was looking at rollers last night on eBay. Also I was looking at some buggy's. I was looking at the losi mini b roller.. Looks smaller than the rustler I think. If I put the same power system that is in the rustler (the xl5/titan12t) it will fly.
Also I was looking at the team associated SC10. It was a video by razor rc. It looks better than the slash probably because of the lcg chassis that it comes stock.

Last edited:
I was looking at rollers last night on eBay. Also I was looking at some buggy's. I was looking at the losi mini b roller.. Looks smaller than the rustler I think. If I put the same power system that is in the rustler (the xl5/titan12t) it will fly.
Also I was looking at the team associated SC10. It was a video by razor rc. It looks better than the slash probably because of the lcg chassis that it comes stock.
The losi mini is 1/18th scale the buggy I believe is 1/16. The sc10 is a nice set up

The Losi Mini-B Pro Roller is a 1/16th scale buggy. 1/10 scale electronics will not fit in it.

I used to have a Mini t 2.0 which was ready to run but it was the brushed version.

However there is a brushless version of the mini t. so I would get the Mini b roller because of the hop ups compared to the RTR mini B which comes brushed. I would order the electronics from the brushless mini T and install them into the Mini B roller.

I have built my LCG slash from the ground up and so far I like how it handles. going to upgrade the tyres next.

Back