Things I can do to upgrade my shockwave

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroJacob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone tell me some things I can do to upgrade my redat shockwave

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of aftermarket upgrades for Redcat products.

To be clear here. There are quite a few upgrades available but few is any are worth it. Best to use the vehicle for what it is. Something to learn from. The good news that the stock parts are very very cheap. But if you are ready to upgrade most folks have found better success using that money toward a new buggy. $150 more and you can get something that is so superior it's I in unfathomable.

To be clear here. There are quite a few upgrades available but few is any are worth it. Best to use the vehicle for what it is. Something to learn from. The good news that the stock parts are very very cheap. But if you are ready to upgrade most folks have found better success using that money toward a new buggy. $150 more and you can get something that is so superior it's I in unfathomable.
I agree. I'd just save my money and buy something that's going to have more aftermarket support.

There aren't, as other people have said, many useful upgrades. Try to avoid replacing things with aluminium versions unnecessarily, as this will just add extra weight and do little for performance. A good tune is always a free upgrade :)

Back