The worst source of RC info...evar!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
IDK why I even both to read RC related crap on FB...its like the blind leading the blind on there. I actually read where a guy said Reedy and Castle where the same qaulity as Turnigy and Trackstar because they are made in the same Chinese factories and that the manufacturers are just price gouging us with them o_O not only did he state this as fact but also followed it up by saying he wants to make sure that people are educated about the subject...FML. Needless to say i couldnt keep my mouth shut lol.
Triple-facepalm.jpg

I know that CC uses some Chinese components, but their ESCs are made in Kansas at their offices.

This was dealing more with motors than ESCs and I do believe they outsource some if not all of their motors.

I've had people tell me that there redcat was the same quality as traxxas. I just agreed and told them let's meet up one day and hit some big jumps. Redcat doesn't build a bad starter rc but there quality isn't even comparable in my opinion. Especially all the hop ups you can get for traxxas.

The aftermarket support is the main reason that I think Traxxas kits are any good. Well thats not exactly true I mean some of their kits are good but if they didnt have awesome aftermarket support, I wouldnt buy them or recommend them to very many people. You can take their kits and build them up super tough and you can really customize a lot of them. In my mind thats their saving grace. :)

Just depends what your doing I guess. I jump the crap out of t maxx and revo and the only upgrade I've done is rpm arms some tranny beefing and 17mm hubs. I keep a abundance of tie rods of course. . There pretty tough out of the box to me. I've had my revo for years and just recently broke my first a arm. Now I'm not jumping houses and stupid stuff but it's been around the track a few thousand times.

I'm not saying they dont have decent kits out of the box, I'm saying that all their after market support is what (In my mind anyway) really makes Traxxas a good brand. If Traxxas only had the after market support that lets say OFNA or HPI had then Id probably just feel very neutral towards them. I wish more companies had that level of after market support.

There's also the point that you can get Traxxas parts almost anywhere but you can't say that about Redcat.

Unfortunately FB is becoming more popular and forums are slowing down. Idiots can banter on and on without factual reference. They can also pull any of their stupid statements at any time. There is a serious lack of supervision and knowledge on FB.

Yeah I agree. I like hpi and ofna but there upgrades are pretty limited. But a hpi savage out of the box is about equal to a upgraded traxxas so not a bad thing either. I've never owned a savage but I've bashed with guys that own them and there pretty tough machines out of the box.

Unfortunately FB is becoming more popular and forums are slowing down. Idiots can banter on and on without factual reference. They can also pull any of their stupid statements at any time. There is a serious lack of supervision and knowledge on FB.
Thats exactly what I'm talking about! I keep telling people that I know on FB that seem like they are cool people to join our forum (or even just ANY forum) for the simple fact that you're more likely to get good info on a forum than on FB but people rarely if ever listen.

Huh? What? Did you say something, GW? I was busy watching @Rolex polishing the BLING THING...

No big deal. I blew my nose in his polishing chamois....

No one EVER accused ME of posting useful information here.
What's FacePlant? .....Oh, Facebook? ....MyFace?.....YourSpace?

That damn spam ain'even got it dood.

yunostopspam.jpeg

Back