The ultimate show peice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griemar

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing

Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe he's running it in what looks like the center of town......and no police!!
I was waiting for it to take off????

Yeah I agree, remarkable craftsmanship but I wanted to see it run.

-Michael

lol hes probably scared of something happening to it.... sissy lol

Yeah you could tell that he wasn't going to get it dirty at all. It was crazy that he was blowing that stuff out and there were balconies catching the brunt of it. Is that the fogger stuff that airplanes shoot out or what?

All he needs now is one of those Conley V8's (the 1/4th scale working engines) and it'll be completely perfect! That's one hell of a build though. It must have taken forever.

Even the build pictures and videos on his site doesn't show it doing anything more then blowing smoke out the back of the turbine engine... i want to see it move.

-Michael

Even the build pictures and videos on his site doesn't show it doing anything more then blowing smoke out the back of the turbine engine... i want to see it move.

-Michael

I found one vid of it moving around at a truck show. I think it's only powered by a small elec engine though, didnt look like it was being moved by the turbine. The whole point of it though is that it's a "show" truck. Not like any of our bashers/racers.

Here's the vid, but i'm sure it's going to be disapointing to those that want action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he jacked the paint up on any of the cars in the first vid from the heat comming out of the back of that thing.

Yeah you could tell that he wasn't going to get it dirty at all. It was crazy that he was blowing that stuff out and there were balconies catching the brunt of it. Is that the fogger stuff that airplanes shoot out or what?

no thats an afterburner

Well, with the engine closeups at the end, it IS an actual RC jet turbine and not just a fogger for show.
I agree that it's probably powered by electrics and he has NO intentions of running it up to speed.

The whole point of it though is that it's a "show" truck. Not like any of our bashers/racers.

I'm not asking for videos of this doing 10 foot jumps at the BMX track. Strap on the turbine and shot down a drag strip. Don't even have to be top speed just enough to get this thing moving, past crawling speed.

One of the videos on the build site shows him and what I'm guessing is his daughter sitting on the trailer while the truck pulled them around, but that was before the turbine.

-Michael

Woodie, I would love to see it go down the strip once too. But, if I built this truck, I would never consider getting it up to speed like that because of the danger factor of something happening and it hitting the wall. If I built something like this, I may strap the turbine to an old beater and see what it could do, but I know I sure as hell wouldn't chence crashing this thing. I can't believe he actually drove it through the dirt on that video lol.

But like you said, I would have to actually get the jet to power it on its own at least once, just enough to tell that it could power the truck if I wanted to, and then slow it back down. Who knows what he's done with it and I haven't seen though.

EDIT: After reviewing the site and build pics again, I noticed something. He has a note at the bottom of the page that says :

Update May 2007
We are building a jet engine on the model truck SMOKE and FLAMES
just like the real jettruck

That, along with the fact that he built the truck and set up the drivetrain years before, makes me think that he only built the jet for appearance and effect and makes me think that he may never use it to power the truck at speeds.

Last edited:
That truck was built to flawless scale, perfection and beauty. That ONE turbine can push an RC jet to 230 MPH. There's no way that truck could even handle 40 without running an extreme risk.
I quickly tired of seeing it blow smoke and wanted to see it without the turbine, backing up, picking up the trailer and cruising for the camera.

Yeap, I think the fact that it can back up, unhook the trailer, and lower the jacks all remotely is amazing. I would much rather see it hooking up and unhooking the trailer than showing off the jet. Personally, I think he's just blowing smoke :LoL: (sorry, I just couldn't help myself)

Another thought, man can you imagine if he got a glitch while showing off and that thing took off down the interstate at 240 mph. Talk about an oh poop moment where you see thousands of dollars and about 6 years worth of work go down the toilet in about 10 second. That's definitely not the time to wish that you would have spent $11,020 instead of the $11,000 that you spent buy not buying a fail safe.

He built a stunningly perfect scale model of his own truck, then (as far as I'm concerned) spoiled it all with a useless $2,000 bit of bling. Blowing smoke is right. I want to see it act like a truck, not a choking smoker.